Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m looking to see if anyone has installation instructions for Lucrum dual swing outs. I acquired a new bumper with the Lucrum swingouts but neither were installed by the people I bought them from. I have 3 boxes of small parts and I’m sure I’d end up figuring it out but it will take 10 times longer. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
I finally found my DOC version of these on an old backup disk. I've added them as PDF documents here:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh
I finally found my DOC version of these on an old backup disk. I've added them as PDF documents here:

Hey! WOW, thanks a lot. That’s really awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
Hey! WOW, thanks a lot. That’s really awesome!!!
No problem - it was driving me crazy as I knew I wouldn't normally throw that stuff away for if disassembly time ever were to come.

I wonder whether it would be worth us (the forum) having a place for stashing PDF's of installation instructions for aftermarket parts. Seems like that would be a good resource.

If we were to do it, I guess it should go under the "FJ Cruiser Technical Articles & Buyers Guides" area as "Installation Instructions" or some such.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
I'm pretty sure the one on the second image (the image looking downwards, where there is a tab on the swing-out with a hole in it) is a CB antenna mount location.

The one in your first image, I don't seem to have. When the swing-outs were being sold, there were a whole bunch of optional mounts, etc. that one could have added, and that might be one of them.

(disturbed to find that my original images from Photobucket are no longer showing up in the main post 😣 )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You’re a lifesaver, truly! Did you have issues with the gas struts by chance? A great idea but I’ve gone through two sets including the originals that aren’t strong enough to handle the weight while opening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW this is how it turned out. Went up to Oregon this past weekend and recovered two stuck trucks and got stuck and recovered myself once (while trying to recover one of the trucks). Was asked twice at different gas stations if I was a lumberjack. 😂 Explained that where I go you’re a fool not to bring a saw.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts