Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey! Make sure you don't miss the VIDEO off to the right! Great find mappelman.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay, even after staying up well past the west coast start of 12/26 scouring the web for info, I woke this morning as if it was Christmas day. I rubbed my eyes, brushed the sugar plum crumbs off the pillow and sprung from the bed, headed straight for the computer. Darn, what a let down. Where is all the infamous December 26th info? I thought that with the veil of the dreaded "embargo" lifted we'd all be pummeled into bliss by new shots of info. I need a new drug to at least tide me over till I can get an overdose on my FJ's new truck smell. Anyone have any new news?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Other than the news concerning the sound system, the only thing that stuck out to me was the lenght of the FJC is about 6" longer than some earlier info had stated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish Inside Line would have hammered would be "soccer moms" a bit more into thinking its not for them. They tried but......hopefully the Jens and Kristens of the world are reading between the lines.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think "soccer moms" are getting a bad rap. The only reason most of them have these gigantic SUVs is because the dumbass "Soccer Dads" they're married to buy them these things.. Most of them would probably prefer driving around in the car that the soccer dad is taking to work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! Finnaly more information.....

MORE GIVE ME MORE..... I am sure in the nexy few days the sky will fall on the embargo....

Just wish my dealer knew something

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm wondering if this new legnth spec includes the mounted spare tire. The last specs didn't (bumper to bumper). Who knows with the media.

177.6" vs 183.9" the wheelbase didn't change 105.9"

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It has Begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remind me again, what has begun (yawn)???

We now know the name of the fantabulous stereo system - FJammer, cute (yawn). We now have a major controversy over the length of the vehicle(almost interesting). We've heard that the base price will be under $25K(intriguing), but not under $20K like some of you wishful thinkers have been postulating - goes to show as I've predicted that "funky safari styling" will not be had for under $20K. I like the point about Land Rover owners buying it for their kids though.

I'm nursing a slight hangover/food coma but I got up early this morning to see if there was any earthyshaking new information. I'm crawling back in my cave to continue hibernating.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Oh and I know more about Ducatis now than ever before!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
hmmm...should I get a manual or automatic?

·
Registered
162 Posts
bobbi said:
I'm wondering if this new legnth spec includes the mounted spare tire. The last specs didn't (bumper to bumper). Who knows with the media.

177.6" vs 183.9" the wheelbase didn't change 105.9"
That's true. The wheel base didn't change and neither did the approach or departure angles. So either the original lenght quoted all this time was wrong and the A&D angles already figured in the 183.9 or the new number includes the tire. I am going to guess it's the latter.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
...and EJR, the record is still 151 back on 11/14. That was when the rumor was spreading around SEMA about FJC test drives with nude Toyota girls.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts