1 - 20 of 21 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making the journey!

RIght now!

WIll post fotos!

Man... first time in my life I've EVER waited for a vehicle!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Congrats to FA for getting his FJ. Details and pictures please.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congrats!!! welcome to the club!!

You have achieved FJ? Is this like achieving nirvanna? This is funny and awesome! For some reason it just reminded me of Highschool working at a restaurant mopping floors at night.
One of the other guys gets stoned in the meat locker and starts proclaiming loudly, "Contact!!! Contact!!!! I've made contact with the other side!!":D

Man was he ever enthused.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Post some pics or I'll ban you! :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didnt think there could be two fish antlers on the entire net... you might recognize my SN from the Org? seems ZX12 guys are also FJ guys....

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JLam said:
Post some pics or I'll ban you! :p

Ban me and I'll ban you back!

Just downloading pix now..

initial impressions..

ride is great... power seems a little anemic (only 100 miles on the odo. though so I figure it will loosen up) ... seats are hard as a rock.. hopefuly my fat a$$ will bed them in..

brakes/ handling great.

Love the oil filter location and setup. Rear side windows are perfect height for dog to look out.

FJammer stereo sucks... doesnt go loud enough, lack of bass (mind you my model comes without the sub... thanks a lot Toyota canuckistan :finger )

The "inverter" button isnt backlit, but eveything else is. Is this intentional, or broken?

FOund two weird bits 'o plastic in a bag in the glove box... turns out they are hooks that hold the floor mats in place (took a few hours of head scratching to figure that out.)

asked dealer to put no stickers or anything on the truch so they put stickers and everything on the truck :rolleyes ...

thanks to this forum I FORCED THEM to give me my "accessory bag" so I can remove the roof rack when need be...

pix to follow!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
1983FJ60 said:
Pictures.

Now.

And you must hack the ATRAC.
Pictures or you DIE!! Pictures or the clown gets it!!!

Pictures or we take the FJ away!! Pictures or no more FJ for you!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
fish antlers - first off congrats!

second...what accessory bag are you refering to? I did a search but came up with nothing. Please inform me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yesssss..........Tell me more of this "accessory bag"........

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saying goodbye to the Durango...

FJ on the boat coming home...

Three wipers are better than two...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone with any answer about the backlighting of the "inverter" button?

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
fish_antlers said:
anyone with any answer about the backlighting of the "inverter" button?
It is not normally backlit. Sorry.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
certainly taking some getting used to. the durango was a great truck... apart from the fact that my lifetime avg was 7.3 mpg , the rest of the car was great.... very nice inside, stereo much better than this top of the line fjammer POS.. could tow huge amounts.. even pulled several stumps out of our yard with it.

Toyota is a different beast... still scratch my head and look at it and think... "what are those japanese thinking?"... they really are a funny bunch... they make bizarre things...

this truck is one of them (and I dont mean this in a bad way)... it's just strange.. that's all. right down to the little roboty bits here and there...

reminds me of all the other weird things "they" come up with... anyone else remember Gamera?

·
Registered
396 Posts
the fj looks great.
i cant wait to get mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts