Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!!
I am planning to purchase my voodoo blue FJ within the next month! I have learned SO much from these forums; I'm becoming my Dealers 'worst nightmare'!! I plan to get the 'basic' model and build from there....for some reason I can't get the running boards put on by the dealership...only done at the factory, so these are not an option (although, I have read that they are not that great anyways!). I like the look of the trail gear rock sliders, but I am NOT a whiz at installation (Neither is my fella!!). What do you think of the predator bars? I will be using them as a 'step'; no real 'hard' off-roading planned (yes, I'm one of those!). I also plan to get a Webaso panoramic sunroof! I saw a posting where someone got one for about $1700 US, installed. Here in Vancouver, Canada, we were quoted $1995.00, plus taxes (installed for the public).....by going through the dealership, I can get it done at a reduced price...I'll let you know the final cost when it is done...plan to get the roof rack, back-up sensors and who knows what else! Suggestions??!!
I can hardly wait!! Thanks for all the great info!
rainy :wave:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Hi there!!
I am planning to purchase my voodoo blue FJ within the next month! I have learned SO much from these forums; I'm becoming my Dealers 'worst nightmare'!! I plan to get the 'basic' model and build from there....for some reason I can't get the running boards put on by the dealership...only done at the factory, so these are not an option (although, I have read that they are not that great anyways!). I like the look of the trail gear rock sliders, but I am NOT a whiz at installation (Neither is my fella!!). What do you think of the predator bars? I will be using them as a 'step'; no real 'hard' off-roading planned (yes, I'm one of those!). I also plan to get a Webaso panoramic sunroof! I saw a posting where someone got one for about $1700 US, installed. Here in Vancouver, Canada, we were quoted $1995.00, plus taxes (installed for the public).....by going through the dealership, I can get it done at a reduced price...I'll let you know the final cost when it is done...plan to get the roof rack, back-up sensors and who knows what else! Suggestions??!!
I can hardly wait!! Thanks for all the great info!
rainy :wave:
OK, you can Install the running boards by YOURSELF!!! If you want sliders, again, you can do it!!!!! Shop the forum and then you can save yourself alot of money and feel proud that you did not have to pay someone to do something you can do alone! BTW I have the predator bars and they are a really great step up. I think I am going to paint mine myself though as after 2 years they are getting pretty worn.

Save your money for lifts and such. I could not do that so I paid a really great guy here in NOLA to install my OME. You can do the same.

Kim:clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kim!
I think I'll look more closely at the rock sliders and how to do the 'install'!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard. Plan on better tires, rock rails, lift kit and roof racks to name a few.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes you can do the slider install. May I suggest Demello. I haven't purchased them yet myself but they're the ones I'm going for. Jason and the crew are great to deal with. The OEM rock rails are good but way overpriced. The sunroof is a great idea. Do you think you could float me a loan and I'll get one to. Maybe we can get a deal with two.:lol: And welcome to the madness.:wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts