Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New FJ owner, my first, a 2012. So far have only installed an alarm, new head unit, and a 7-pin tow setup for my trailer's electric brakes. Also swapped out the stock wheels for steelies.

Anyway, I seem to remember reading about some kind of front end dip, which didn't make sense when I read it because I didn't yet have my FJ, but I think (keyword: think) that what was meant is how the front end dips when you hit the brakes? If so, I definitely notice that.

What's the best way to solidify it? I did buy the air shocks for the back, haven't installed them yet, but I will be doing some towing so I'd like to have some support back there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I installed bilstein 5100 shocks up front (set at 1.75") to level my fj out. As far as towing, I am not sure because I have nothing to tow. I would assume they would work better than stock.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig! As for the brake dive the nose does, the stock suspension is quite soft. You can swap out the springs and shocks for a bit more stability. I went with the Toytec 3 inch lift and it is much better for the nose dive but is a little rougher ride now. Now that you are here you will have it all figured out fairly quickly. Try the search function and you'll find just about anything you can dream up. Have fun

Sent from my crappy iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts