Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

441 - 460 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for the response. I like it centered because it is symmetrical but this is going to be my first RTT experience so I am anxious for others feedback regarding the weight balance etc.. I am as excited as the others here to make my purchase when they become available.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are side plates going to be interchangeable? It would be nice to be able to run RTT sides when needed but the normal sides for most of the year. Or better yet, bolt on additional side covers for the RTT sides to fill in the gap when the tent is not installed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Are side plates going to be interchangeable? It would be nice to be able to run RTT sides when needed but the normal sides for most of the year. Or better yet, bolt on additional side covers for the RTT sides to fill in the gap when the tent is not installed.
This is the way I had envisioned it.
Would also be nice to get the light bar cutout and the piece that was cut out, to use as a cover or filler plate if you don't have the light bar yet.

Still waiting on an answer about the steel main bars on the aluminum rack.
I'd prefer to stay away from the rust issues of steel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is the way I had envisioned it.
Would also be nice to get the light bar cutout and the piece that was cut out, to use as a cover or filler plate if you don't have the light bar yet.

Still waiting on an answer about the steel main bars on the aluminum rack.
I'd prefer to stay away from the rust issues of steel.
I've explored that idea of having filler pieces for the panels but there just wasn't any good way to achieve this and maintain the simplicity of the look.

We have decided that the interchangeable side and front panels are the way to go and actually make it cheaper for the end user because we don't have so many parts to make.

The reason Jon went with the steel rails over the aluminum is that it lowers the overall cost of the rack both in materials and manufacturing.

Edit: with Powder Coating and End-caps the rails should see no rust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am curious to find out how much the additional side plates will cost, I am hoping the RTT styling looks so good I won't want to change back and forth and the lower height might be nice in underground parking. I am curious how adding the missing piece you suggest would look and how you could attach them? Nice food for thought.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The reason Jon went with the steel rails over the aluminum is that it lowers the overall cost of the rack both in materials and manufacturing.

Edit: with Powder Coating and End-caps the rails should see no rust.
Is there going to be some sort of garantee on the rust possibility?
Just with my past experience with rust on aftermarket parts, and living in a wet climate, I would really like to stick to all aluminum.

Are the rails something that could be swapped out at a later date, or are they incorporated into the entire rack?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there going to be some sort of garantee on the rust possibility?
Just with my past experience with rust on aftermarket parts, and living in a wet climate, I would really like to stick to all aluminum.

Are the rails something that could be swapped out at a later date, or are they incorporated into the entire rack?
Not sure what type of guarantee we can provide but I have a few tricks up my sleeve for making it rust-proof.

Without giving away details, the rails are stand-alone and could be replaced if needed.

The whole rack will pack down into a box about 6x12x84

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not sure what type of guarantee we can provide but I have a few tricks up my sleeve for making it rust-proof.

Without giving away details, the rails are stand-alone and could be replaced if needed.

The whole rack will pack down into a box about 6x12x84
Sweet. Let us know when we can order. I'm in.

I need a few other things from you guys as well. Will have to do a bulk order. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
This Rack might be too late for Death Valley as it is already Spring and getting Hot! I hope it will be available by Summer ??????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe you could make it with a universal led mount for the people that can't afford a $1000 led bar... but if you can't I'm still going to get this rack... I've been waiting for almost a year now... just wondering if you are even close to production and if you are taking pre-orders?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The light bar mounting system we created is as universal as we can get it. Both of our single row or double row systems should work with a majority of the manufacturers out there with out any modification to the kit.

Production issues are being worked out as we speak and we should announce the sale soon.

Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm always checking on this as well. Come on release the dang thing already! I keep spending the money on other stuff instead of this! LOL

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm always checking on this as well. Come on release the dang thing already! I keep spending the money on other stuff instead of this! LOL
Me too.
It seems the government gets really upset if you don't pay your taxes.
Now I need to scrape more pennies together..... :(

441 - 460 of 748 Posts