Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

701 - 720 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Finally got my rooftop tent. I'm excited for some adventures!

I got the Autana Sky version with the skylight.

·
Registered
732 Posts
How do you like your RTT compatible sides? i have the sides that sit the tent all the way in the back of the rack.

Finally got my rooftop tent. I'm excited for some adventures!

I got the Autana Sky version with the skylight.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Its better for weight distribution. With camp gear at the back, the truck always felt lite in the front.

But neither of my solar panels fit anymore. I will have to try to find some narrower but longer panels to fit front and rear.
My 5lb propane tank should nicely fit at the rear, right behind the tent.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So, I went to a local 4x4 show n grime today.

Parked next to a buddy of mine. We both have the same 3" OME heavy lift, but I have an extra 1.5" body lift. He has 33's and I have 37's. We both have Tepui tents.
He has the factory roof rack. I have the Allpro rack.
Our overall height is the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok so do we have a price on this thing yet? Sorry not going to read through 36 pages of thread. Couldn't find it on the all pro website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you google "ARB Toyota FJ Cruiser roof rack tents" it will take you to the order page with prices. It showed 2 brands prices ranging from around $1500 to $1600.

Thank you Ole Blu. I was referring to the All Pro roof rack. Has that been scrapped?

·
Registered
732 Posts
We both have the same 3" OME heavy lift, but I have an extra 1.5" body lift. He has 33's and I have 37's. We both have Tepui tents.

that's embarrassing for your buddy lol

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

Parked next to a buddy of mine. We both have the same 3" OME heavy lift, but I have an extra 1.5" body lift. He has 33's and I have 37's. We both have Tepui tents.

Your FJ looks AWESOME with those 37s! That must have taken a pile of work to make it happen. Do you get much rubbing at all? What kind of diff gear ratio does it take to turn those giants? I sure love the look of huge tires on FJs! Do you have a build thread for your FJ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Your FJ looks AWESOME with those 37s! That must have taken a pile of work to make it happen. Do you get much rubbing at all? What kind of diff gear ratio does it take to turn those giants? I sure love the look of huge tires on FJs! Do you have a build thread for your FJ?

I had a build thread years ago. Basically gave up on it because of all the people saying it was impossible to run 37's, or that my tires werent actually 37's, or that I can't steer with 37's, or it won't flex with 37's, or it will break everything in the truck with 37's, etc.

But it works for me. I wheel it pretty hard. Only thing I've broken is ring gears, but have been fine ever since I swapped 4.88's in. I'm getting 17.5 MPG mostly highway. Did my research for rim spacing with no spacers. Did some strategic trimming and cutting. OME heavy 3" lift with a 1.5" body lift.
Allpro upper A arms, spindle gussets, sliders, front bumper,and roof rack. I made the rear bumper myself , to match the front.

·
Registered
590 Posts
that's embarrassing for you buddy lol
Is that:

That's embarrassing for you, buddy

Or

Thats embarrassing for your buddy

Punctuation matters. Lol. :D

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I had a build thread years ago. Basically gave up on it because of all the people saying it was impossible to run 37's, or that my tires werent actually 37's, or that I can't steer with 37's, or it won't flex with 37's, or it will break everything in the truck with 37's, etc.

But it works for me. I wheel it pretty hard. Only thing I've broken is ring gears, but have been fine ever since I swapped 4.88's in. I'm getting 17.5 MPG mostly highway. Did my research for rim spacing with no spacers. Did some strategic trimming and cutting. OME heavy 3" lift with a 1.5" body lift.

Allpro upper A arms, spindle gussets, sliders, front bumper,and roof rack. I made the rear bumper myself , to match the front.

Well I love the look..37s seem to look just perfect on an FJ. I would love to do that one day..but I still don't know enough to get the job done. Maybe one day I'll be bright enough to tackle it lol!

701 - 720 of 755 Posts