Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

741 - 755 of 755 Posts

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,937 Posts
At Summit in July I spoke with AllPro - they said they will NOT be producing this roofrack :frown
I also spoke to All Pro just a few weeks back on this subject, the sales person said they get more calls about the rack than anything else in their line. Management is adamant and keep saying there's no way they'll produce it again but, but some of the gals and guys have been tossing around the idea of somehow getting a list of potential buyers together with an agreed price. Some of them are interested in bringing it back ONLY on a limited basis but it's such a massive PITA to produce they are hesitant to even do that.

Anyway thought you'd like to know.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hmmmm...

Maybe I should start making copies of mine. Lol. :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
here's a good shot of my rack from an overhead view.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I didn’t want to start another thread on this. I have looked through majority of this thread and see nothing about attachments. I’m about to buy this rack from another FJ owner and was wondering if there were any way to attach the 8ft arb awning with the aluminum cover. I would hate to get rid of it as I don’t want to run an rtt. So does anyone have any ideas or has this been done previous using the all pro roof rack.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I still have my Allpro roof rack.
There are no 'attachments' for the rack, but its super easy to attach things you need.
My Tepui awning comes with L brackets that just screw into the cross bars.
I don't have a close-up, but its super easy to mount things.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
My Rack is for sale with lights $1700...local pick up only in Nor Cal,

·
Registered
5 Posts
here's a good shot of my rack from an overhead view.

Great shot of your setup! Absent the All-Pro being resurrected (which clearly is not happening), did you fabricate your rack yourself, or can you direct me/us to someone who can replicate what you have? I'm really liking what I see.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Great shot of your setup! Absent the All-Pro being resurrected (which clearly is not happening), did you fabricate your rack yourself, or can you direct me/us to someone who can replicate what you have? I'm really liking what I see.
Thanks Narcissus, I had it custom built by Califab. They're out of the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Thanks Narcissus, I had it custom built by Califab. They're out of the Sacramento area.
Would it be possible for you to post a viewable photo of your custom rack by direct attachment to your post ("insert image" button, below), rather than linking to the "defaced" image provided by the vandals at PhotoBucket?

I'd like to see it ...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would it be possible for you to post a viewable photo of your custom rack by direct attachment to your post ("insert image" button, below), rather than linking to the "defaced" image provided by the vandals at PhotoBucket?

I'd like to see it ...
Here's another option to consider.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Here's another option to consider.
Aside from the piece of sheetmetal added across the very back of the rack, that's an absolute dead-accurate copy of a Prinsu rack.

Or is at actually a Prinsu rack, being sold by someone else?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Here a few pictures of my custom rack built by Califab in Cali

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Aside from the piece of sheetmetal added across the very back of the rack, that's an absolute dead-accurate copy of a Prinsu rack.

Or is at actually a Prinsu rack, being sold by someone else?
It's not a Prinsu. They are similar looking though. This rack measures about 46" across and if I remember correctly the Prinsu is a bit over 50" wide. From what I can tell by doing a quick comparisons none of the parts seem to be interchangeable. I've had this rack on my FJ for a little over a year now. It's worked well for me.

741 - 755 of 755 Posts