Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Definitely not. :surprise While I'd love to give it a go, and it's very local, I don't have the wheeling experience to tackle a difficult-rated trail like Ruby just yet. Gimme a couple summers with my toy as she is, learning what she can do!

That aside, my intention is to build a solid, capable overlanding rig. Shhhh... It's the only way I can justify all these expensive mods to the wife. She's down to let me build my FJ up as long as the objective is far-off-the-beaten-path camping. :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
You should come to Sierra Trek then its Aug 11 i think ? there are moderate trails you can run . .

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You should come to Sierra Trek then its Aug 11 i think ? there are moderate trails you can run . .
Out of Truckee... Now, that's a possibility. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll start planning for it. :grin

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Yes Meadow lake just out of Truckee is the HQ for the event . look it up . I will be there then i head over for the Rubithon .

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
トヨタ Master
5,785 Posts
Definitely not. :surprise While I'd love to give it a go, and it's very local, I don't have the wheeling experience to tackle a difficult-rated trail like Ruby just yet. Gimme a couple summers with my toy as she is, learning what she can do!

That aside, my intention is to build a solid, capable overlanding rig. Shhhh... It's the only way I can justify all these expensive mods to the wife. She's down let me build my FJ up as long as the objective is far-off-the-beaten-path camping. :laugh
FJF, the 'Con is really only as hard as you make it. There are lots of bypasses and many stock 4x4 traverse it regularly.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
41 - 49 of 49 Posts