Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer called and said it finally cleared the port (Long Beach) after waiting almost 5 weeks for a new ECM for the TPMS and has arrived at the dealership. Yes, it is a 2011 Trail Teams Special Edition (not a NSSE or to keep Sledge from having hurt feelings, Upgrade Pkg 3).

Granted, until I see it in person, it is the elusive 'bigfoot' of FJs... hope to have pics either Wednesday or Thursday.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I am expecting a similar phone call today and expecting pick up early next week. Like you I need to see it to believe it. Post pics as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
So is it still possible to order a trail teams?

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
So is it still possible to order a trail teams?
Absolute proof is yet to be produced. However many of the people who have been waiting have been receiveing information about arrival of TTSEs. If it is a TTSE is what you want I would wait a week or two for the tangible proof. On the Southeast Toyota Inventory they are showing 11, but the dealer I am working with has said that these are already allocated. It would make sense that if true/correct TTs are being made that there will be more and one could possibly be ordered. Again if you can wait and want a TT, I would hold out for another week or two.

Also if true TTs start being sold then the dealers overcharging for the NSSEs will have to lower their price to sell the vehicle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:clap:

It's sitting in the garage at my dealer waiting for me to pick it up. I'm just waiting for the loan paperwork to arrive. Might be driving it by the weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Looks reallly nice...

Do tell us if the sunshield on the driver's side knocks the mirror out of alignment when lowered.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
yep. enjoy. all i wanted was a monotone color and im happy with the NSSE just as is since I would replace wheels and add a lift anyways. dash accessory and power in the rear is no deal breaker.

though, glad to see they finally arrived for those who have anxiously awaited them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
very nice! almost makes me wanna trade in my 2010 TT. Enjoy! the wait has finally paid off for atleast one person.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I am with you 100%. I would like to have the power outlet and the dash accessory but it was not a deal breaker. I could not pass up getting an all army green one. It is my favorite FJ color and to have one all army green was exactly what I wanted!

Congrats on getting a true TT FJ.
yep. enjoy. all i wanted was a monotone color and im happy with the NSSE just as is since I would replace wheels and add a lift anyways. dash accessory and power in the rear is no deal breaker.

though, glad to see they finally arrived for those who have anxiously awaited them.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
It's gotta feel like watching the clock on the classroom wall as it winds down the last minute before summer vacation!

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Really love that green! It's striking. Mazal tov!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
very cooll bro ! ! ! I love the all green and black....I couldn't get tha wife on board with that color...love the seats too...

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Glad to see that they finally made it here! And glad that I didn't wait for mine. The NSSE is wonderful and perfectly capable, I'm mostly just jealous of the wheels :) congrats!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's gotta feel like watching the clock on the classroom wall as it winds down the last minute before summer vacation!
It has been an interesting 'wait'. When I saw the 2011 TTSE photos in November of last year I liked the color and the specs. I put out a feeler with the dealer around the 1st of the year and stopped by in January to make a formal request. A week later I was told there was a TTSE inbound. That (along with Zona) was one of the first to get to the US, and it turned out to be the incomplete Trail Teams that was re-designated the Upgrade Package 3. I coined the term Not So Special Edition (NSSE) to express my disappointment. It is cool that NSSE caught on, it wasn't meant to be derogatory, but to give some distinction to the first run of the 2011 TTSE/NSSE.

The cost difference between the NSSE and a TTSE was too low to make it financially smart to take the NSSE and add the tires/wheels and suspension. This is going to be a 'daily driver' for a while so mods will wait. But I did want something out of the box that has some decent off road capability.

After the quake/tsunami and nuclear accident, I had my doubts of the TTSE making it here this model year. But a handful did escape (I'm guessing these were built or on the assembly line about the time of the quake). I know mine was in Long Beach late March/early April. Then it got caught up in the TPMS issues and there was a further delay. I gave myself a due date of Memorial Day weekend before I was going to have my deposit returned and look at other vehicles.

It finally hit me when I saw MY TTSE in person that it is finally here. It might be the first one delivered in the US, who knows.. but how many other people have such an adventure to tell about their vehicle before they even get it!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts