Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to go back inside of the gas station and get my change. I had other things on my mind. When I realised what I had done, I went back to the gas station. The clerk had written my description down on the reciept, just in case I returned. The description was as follows. "Silverish hummer, black shirt, short hair, with tattoos. I read it and laughed. when are people gonna get it? They just dont know.:rocker:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yep, they just don't get it and there's no sense in wasting your time trying to explain it to them. Just be proud that you get it, that's all that matters.:rocker:

·
Registered
449 Posts
LOL
I just got back from a derby party. A friend of mine, that knew i got a new vehicle, said "are you in the Hummer"? It doesn't bother me. Hummers are know as luxury 4x4s, and I have a superior truck for less money.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
"Is that one of the new hummers? How do you like it?"
No it's a toyota.

I think for the most part people are admiring the rig, trying to be nice, and they don't know what it is. They know that hummer are supposed to be offroad machines and that is what this looks like, and offroad machine. So in a way, it is sort of a compliment.
Unless they ask if it is a hummer in a derogatory fashion, then you can punch them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i havent had my fj called a hummer yet but when i had my jk rubicon i went over to my friends house and he has a 5 year old son and he said daddy thats a good looking hummer. I laughed and corrected him. Some people just dont know any better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My son is three and he knows the difference between the FJ, a Jeep and a HMMWV (military version).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also noticed that the tipical hummer driver is a middle to upper class soccer mom. She is obviously driving what her husband thought was an offroad vehicle. I think a lot of sheeple think of it as a status symbol. I bought my FJ because of its offroad capabilities, price, and FUN factor. Plus, its a YOTA. they last forever, and I trust them. Chevy(GM) on the other, I dont trust so much. If they were refering to the original, that would be good. There not, they are refuring to an H3. Oh well. I think its funny when people dont know what they are talking about. It only makes me feel smarter.:cheers:

·
Registered
599 Posts
When they ask me or tell me its like a Hummer, I put on a crooked smile and laugh, then I say..." No, I got class, I bought an FJ!"
Then the fur flies!

·
Registered
346 Posts
When i was young 10 11 or so my moms boyfriend had a bad a$$ olive drab fj cruiser. I would obsessently call it a jeep, to much of his dismay. I never fully understood when he'd fly into a hissy fit. Being the punk that I was I can still here him now ''its not a jeep how many time am i going to tell you kid you never listen, to nobody'' shakin his head. RIP JOHNY JJ.

A few people have inquired about my new hummer. On the inside i shake my head but i just smile and say its the FJ Cruiser and i wouldnt want it any other way.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
that was a hummer?? I have never seen an hummer like that before. It had an extended bed, was it custom?
I think it's the H3T.
Theres a video of one trying to do hells gate. They had to edit the video because it was having trouble. Hummers are garbage off road. the H2 was based on a Chevy Tahoe frame. The H3 is a little better but still a little obese.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I think it's the H3T.
Theres a video of one trying to do hells gate. They had to edit the video because it was having trouble. Hummers are garbage off road. the H2 was based on a Chevy Tahoe frame. The H3 is a little better but still a little obese.
never heard of the H3T. It looks a little long for offroading.... :lol:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also noticed that the tipical hummer driver is a middle to upper class soccer mom. She is obviously driving what her husband thought was an offroad vehicle. :cheers:
Midsize SUV Trail Rating & Comparison - Motor Trend

How They (Trail) Rate

Fourth Place: Our "Trail Rated" Liberty had a not-too-shabby 450 RTI result, but had the smallest tires of the group (225/75R16) with the least aggressive tread. Gearing is adequate, but the clumsy slot-machine 4WD lever puts up a fight when going into and out of 4Low.

Third Place: The Xterra scored a 384 RTI (lowest of the four), but did offer a big tire (265/75R16) and an electronic locking rear differential (some called it the "Save Me!" button). The 4.0-liter V-6 is powerful and responsive, making the Nissan a favorite in the high-speed sand washes.

Second Place: The Toyota FJ's suspension uses coil springs in front and back and scored a solid 491 RTI. The "A-TRAC" traction-control system calculates the right amount of traction needed in high and low range. And, although it's loud and vibrates like crazy when engaged, several testers appreciated the A-TRAC's feedback. In addition, the FJ offers a push-button rear locker (which disconnects traction control), and runs the dry-wash trails like a Baja pre-runner.

First Place: With the most compliant suspension, the H3 scored a 521 RTI and has a transfer-case low-range gear almost two times lower than do the others. In addition, the Hummer had the biggest, most aggressive tires (285/75R16) and a smart traction-control system that works in combination with a rear locker. If there's a weakness, not surprisingly, it's the anemic I-5 that had trouble pushing our 2.5-ton H3 through the desert sand washes.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Midsize SUV Trail Rating & Comparison - Motor Trend

How They (Trail) Rate

Fourth Place: Our "Trail Rated" Liberty had a not-too-shabby 450 RTI result, but had the smallest tires of the group (225/75R16) with the least aggressive tread. Gearing is adequate, but the clumsy slot-machine 4WD lever puts up a fight when going into and out of 4Low.

Third Place: The Xterra scored a 384 RTI (lowest of the four), but did offer a big tire (265/75R16) and an electronic locking rear differential (some called it the "Save Me!" button). The 4.0-liter V-6 is powerful and responsive, making the Nissan a favorite in the high-speed sand washes.

Second Place: The Toyota FJ's suspension uses coil springs in front and back and scored a solid 491 RTI. The "A-TRAC" traction-control system calculates the right amount of traction needed in high and low range. And, although it's loud and vibrates like crazy when engaged, several testers appreciated the A-TRAC's feedback. In addition, the FJ offers a push-button rear locker (which disconnects traction control), and runs the dry-wash trails like a Baja pre-runner.

First Place: With the most compliant suspension, the H3 scored a 521 RTI and has a transfer-case low-range gear almost two times lower than do the others. In addition, the Hummer had the biggest, most aggressive tires (285/75R16) and a smart traction-control system that works in combination with a rear locker. If there's a weakness, not surprisingly, it's the anemic I-5 that had trouble pushing our 2.5-ton H3 through the desert sand washes.
Hahaha motortrend... oh dear... The rating must have been made up by a bunch of journalists that sometimes take the 4x4 they're reviewing and venture off into the disused sections of mall parking lots, where there are pot holes and other such horrors.
The only thing the H3 has over the FJ is lower gears. But I think the FJ makes up for that, being 20% lighter, more powerful, and having better clearance at the rear axle(H3 has very badly placed shock mounts).
And I'm pretty sure the FJ has more flex(can anyone verify this). Thus better suspension off road.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts