Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's Official I Just Got My TRD Special Edition FJ Cruiser

And I could NOT be happier. The dealer was willing to haggle and I was willing to purchase. Now bring on LOTS of snow so I can see what this thing can REALLY do!:)

< The three free 1/18 FJ's that I got from my dealer when I bought my 1:1 real TRD. Too bad there not black!:boohoo:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bump 4 years

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
kinda funny to read some of these old posts......looks like the predictions of SE's failing due to solid colors didn't come to pass....

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Here is my 2007 FJ TRD, "Black Pearl" Story:
In May 2008, we bought a crappy Chevy Equinox for my GF at a Chevy Dealer. I had been thinking, I really like that FJ Cruiser, But the White Top, I really didn't like. I would have really liked to have one except, felt I would have to get the top painted to live,with it ultimately!
So on leaving the I told the salesman to see if he could find me a FJ Cruiser, used to buy. He called a couple of days later and said he had one and for me to come by and take a look at it. I lived in NW San Antonio and was working in Austin at the time. I didn't think much about it at the time and really sort of forgot about it for a couple of weeks.
Then...I was home and driving on the freeway, passing the dealership and up on the Rotating Display Rack was this All Black, 2007 FJ Cruiser, TRD Special Edition! I was absolutely stunned, what an awesome vehicle! I pulled off the freeway immediately and went to get a closer look. The more I looked the better it got!
By 4:00 PM the next day, I was driving it home! This has been an awesome ride! I have now drivin this thing all over the United States. It had 17,000 Miles on it when I bought it and now there is 142,000 miles on it. It has been my daily driver ever since.
Only thing that went wrong ever was a front hub bearing went out. I really have enjoyed this TRD FJ.
I have seen about a dozen other Black Ones, none with the Lift mine has, thought the lift was from the factory and still dont know about that. It goes anywhere and pulls anything. It has never had a problem anywhere at all.
Now, Finally I am going to start doing some mods. It had an extended warranty up to 100,000 so I didn't want to take the risk of not having coverage.
I can't wait, gotta figure out what I need to add to it though.
On a sidenote, The lift causes the Headlights to be blinding everyone as they are not adjustable? I have even been pulled over by the police for blinding them. I am usually running at night with only the daylights and they still blind some drivers.

Anybody have a fix for that?

Oh yeah, the paint on this Special Edition, TRD is 'BLACK PAERL', not just black, it is beautiful.

Jon

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have put 25k miles on mine, the only problem I have had is one drivers bulb go out. Fantastic vehicle, allowed me to cross the country and back without a single hiccup.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here is my 2007 FJ TRD, "Black Pearl" Story:
In May 2008, we bought a crappy Chevy Equinox for my GF at a Chevy Dealer. I had been thinking, I really like that FJ Cruiser, But the White Top, I really didn't like. I would have really liked to have one except, felt I would have to get the top painted to live,with it ultimately!
So on leaving the I told the salesman to see if he could find me a FJ Cruiser, used to buy. He called a couple of days later and said he had one and for me to come by and take a look at it. I lived in NW San Antonio and was working in Austin at the time. I didn't think much about it at the time and really sort of forgot about it for a couple of weeks.
Then...I was home and driving on the freeway, passing the dealership and up on the Rotating Display Rack was this All Black, 2007 FJ Cruiser, TRD Special Edition! I was absolutely stunned, what an awesome vehicle! I pulled off the freeway immediately and went to get a closer look. The more I looked the better it got!
By 4:00 PM the next day, I was driving it home! This has been an awesome ride! I have now drivin this thing all over the United States. It had 17,000 Miles on it when I bought it and now there is 142,000 miles on it. It has been my daily driver ever since.
Only thing that went wrong ever was a front hub bearing went out. I really have enjoyed this TRD FJ.
I have seen about a dozen other Black Ones, none with the Lift mine has, thought the lift was from the factory and still dont know about that. It goes anywhere and pulls anything. It has never had a problem anywhere at all.
Now, Finally I am going to start doing some mods. It had an extended warranty up to 100,000 so I didn't want to take the risk of not having coverage.
I can't wait, gotta figure out what I need to add to it though.
On a sidenote, The lift causes the Headlights to be blinding everyone as they are not adjustable? I have even been pulled over by the police for blinding them. I am usually running at night with only the daylights and they still blind some drivers.

Anybody have a fix for that?

Oh yeah, the paint on this Special Edition, TRD is 'BLACK PAERL', not just black, it is beautiful.

Jon
I also favored the all black, but due to finances, wasnt able to purchase mine until 2010. It is used and only has 42,000 miles. Love it!

I had the same problem with my headlights due to the lift and found a section on this forum on adjusting them. It was easy to fix.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I also favored the all black, but due to finances, wasnt able to purchase mine until 2010. It is used and only has 42,000 miles. Love it!

I had the same problem with my headlights due to the lift and found a section on this forum on adjusting them. It was easy to fix.
Thanks for the tip on the Headlight Adjustment, I just took it for granted when the dealer said, "No, They are NOT Adjustable".

PS, Best vehicle I have ever owned!

Jon Standley

341 - 351 of 351 Posts