Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of us here at Haley are working on a trip to Shoe Creek again and i just thought i would toss it out there for anyone interested. This would be Saturday, August 23, 2008. I am shooting for leaving the Farmvegas (Farmville) area around 9 am. We will run in our usual laid back, take our time way, going in from the lower end and coming out at CrabTree falls. We are planing to eat lunch on the trail so, you would need to bring some grub with you.

For those that have never been, there is only one porta pot on the trail and it is at the very end so, figure on using natures facilities. This trail is fairly stock friendly but a low vehicle doesnt stand a chance. We made it thru before with a stock grand cherokee but it bottomed out alot. This is not sponsored by the dealership but we meet here at the dealer as most of us work here.

We are attempting to talk to the dealership into sponsoring events like this for customers but that could be sometime off yet.

I will update as new news comes in.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the cordinates and directions according to the gps:

37' 47.263 N
079' 06.173 W
Turn off of route 29 to hwy 151, in 3 miles turn left on Firehouse road, 7 miles left on Lowesville road, 2 miles bear left staying on lowesville road, less then a mile turn right on woodson road, 3 miles left on perkins mill road, 1 mile bear left staying on perkins mill road, 2 miles bear right staying on perkins mill road, less then mile arrive at trail entrance.
Thats the directions from my gps to get there although i think it skipped a small dirt road that turns off of perkins mill road at the end of that.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Great thanks for the info. I have some USGA/IGA mapping tools I use for work and I can plug those coordinates in and get a pretty sweet map. I was trying to find FR 826 but my software didn't encorporate service or fire roads.

Here are the cordinates and directions according to the gps:

37' 47.263 N
079' 06.173 W
Turn off of route 29 to hwy 151, in 3 miles turn left on Firehouse road, 7 miles left on Lowesville road, 2 miles bear left staying on lowesville road, less then a mile turn right on woodson road, 3 miles left on perkins mill road, 1 mile bear left staying on perkins mill road, 2 miles bear right staying on perkins mill road, less then mile arrive at trail entrance.
Thats the directions from my gps to get there although i think it skipped a small dirt road that turns off of perkins mill road at the end of that.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Where is Shoe Creek?

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Less than 3 hrs for me.......hmmmmm

Any links for previous runs?

Oh, I know......I'll use the search function. :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

Why?

Let somebody else do it and post a link.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts

If you find anything let me know...This is a maybe for me too....

·
Registered
739 Posts
There's another string on the trail runs/get together's on the forum also. A lot more people are looking there too. Some good info, directions, GPS coordinates. Looks like we are going to have a large group, definately going to have to divide it into two or maybe even three groups.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
come on up Tina/Matt!! Its a short easy trail, but its fun! I'm moving this weekend, but I'll still have my current apartment available until the end of the month! I have some air mattresses you can use, and the heat/electric/internet will still be available if you want to crash there :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts