Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every wanted to BS with someone about an upgrade to your FJ and only have your wife around. God knows I love her but the FJ is the "other woman" in her mind. Well we're at the beach and a friend loaned me a broadband internet card. Too much time and too much credit so I really stepped in it.
Wanted to lose the stock look of the FJ and make it my own, mine and the banks anyway.
Been lurking on the forums since I bought her in August 2007 and have found the information invalueable.

Suspension upgrade: went back and forth between OME and an adjustable set-up. A smart fella would have went with the OME ,no complaints that I've seen cheap to replace components.
Fox adjustables some complaints talk of leaks etc. But overall good reviews.

I ordered the Fox system from all pro.
The adjustability was just too sexy to resist.
Also ordered the all pro bumper with the large light hoop.
no winch yet (thinking of getting a hydralic one for some reason )
the ability to adjust front ride height was another strong reason for the Fox choice.

Tire and wheels: not going big here 285 70 17 BFG MT km2. would have liked to go big but lets face it I'll be on the asphault alot.
wheels american racing series 137 17x8 black w/ polished phoney beadlock.
would have went all black but I have a black Cherry and It needs a touch of bling.

I'll get her done and join the NWFJCC and get her dirty.

Trail Armor and lights next up

Think I'll nickname her the "Show Pony" lol

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Hehe, the bug has bit you hard huh? :). Cute pictures of the dog. Now, where are the pictures of the FJ?!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still educating myself on pic posting.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to the madness. Sounds like you have been bitten by the mod bug. Mine is the other women to so to speak. Just try to balance out your time between wifey and the rig, with a bit more on the rig side.:rocker:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You'll be happy with the tires...285's in the KM2 look way bigger than most 285's to my eye. If I could pony up the bucks, I would probably go with the Fox setup too...it definitely pegs the 'sexy' meter. :) Good luck and bring on the pics!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
maybe you ought to call her "SUGAR MOMMA" or "EYE CANDY" cuz your wife is going to think you are buying implants for a girlfriend with all that cash and the smile you come home with on your face....LOL

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Welcome, and I am sorry, more than one FJ has caused the MOD bug to bite and wives hate it...

BTW don't forget to do the Breather Mods, as in our neck of the woods we do get into lots of water.. See you on the trails...

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Welcome, and I am sorry, more than one FJ has caused the MOD bug to bite and wives hate it...
Yeah husbands hate it too, sad to say. :mecry:

Welcome to the madness RoseCityCzar! We're a good group of people, even if not a single person will help you curb your urge to mod. If anything, it only gets worse from here!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Get those mods done then take the wife up somewhere with a great view. On a clear day when you can see the snow mtns like Hood, St Hellens, Adams and Ranier. Awe her with a little grandeur. Then tell her thats what the FJ is for, to share with her, this wonderful world. Works for me.
Welcome to our clan.:wave:
Curt

B

·
0 Posts
the FJ are Fun, we have the ARB bumper, Warn 9.5xp winch, OME hvy lift, And cooper tires. in May coming the Bud Built armor. But you can come out with the NWFJCC at any time before it gets done.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
welcome, looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the great welcome. I'll get some pics together as I do the installs.
Going to read up on the breather mods, thanks for the heads up.

Larry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts