1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's nice, but the FJ is mid-size not compact.

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah Ive always wondered how an FJ can be considered a midsize compact on all these studies... everyone who sees my FJ call it a truck, or a monster truck.... I can park on top of an Explorer if I really wanted to... :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
As stated above, that is no big surprise. I have seen a lot of them on the road here within the last 6 months or so. Sales have seemed to flatten out a bit though. The dealership that I purchased mine from, and purchase parts from quite a bit, had a hard time keeping them on the lot late last year, but I always seem to see the same ones still sitting there everytime I go there, which has been quite a bit in the last couple of months. When I went there on Tuesday, they still have the same two TTs that have been sitting there since April or May. I am sure you could probably get a decent deal on a TT right about now.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
I hate it when all these stupid user/consumer reports rank the FJ so high!! :mofo:

Now, everyone is going to want to buy one after they read that. :disgust: (So much for owning a unique and elite truck once they start popping up everywhere. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hate it when all these stupid user/consumer reports rank the FJ so high!! :mofo:

Now, everyone is going to want to buy one after they read that. :disgust: (So much for owning a unique and elite truck once they start popping up everywhere. :rolleyes:)
They are definately not unique here anymore. I see them all over the place. I like seeing more FJs on the road!!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
A guy I know just bought a Rogue.....Parked next to my FJ the other day you would wonder who in their right mind would put them in the same category ....I mean c'mon.....The Rogue is a nice CAR!!!!! Nothing truck about it.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sounds about right, that really doesn't surprise me.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
458 Posts
A guy I know just bought a Rogue.....Parked next to my FJ the other day you would wonder who in their right mind would put them in the same category ....I mean c'mon.....The Rogue is a nice CAR!!!!! Nothing truck about it.
I didn't even consider that. The Rogue is a car, plain and simple. I guess it might be considered what some call a "crossover", although I don't personally think that "crossover" should even be a catagory of vehicle. I guess that catagory was coined to get car buyers to buy what they think is some sort of SUV, but all the vehicles in that catagory look like oversized station wagons to me. How did we end up in the same catagory as those?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
he he, come to Europe, there the FJ is a rare beast on the roads, sure to attract lost of attention. Some of the certified Toyota dealerships here say they have people coming in to their shop asking to get "this big Toyota offroad vehicle they've seen - they go through all the catalogues and can't seem to find it, untill it dawns on the dealer that they've seen an FJ and want that :lol:

And like some of you comment above, the FJ is not exactly seen in the compact SUV class here. Sometimes I get compact European vehicles stuck in the skid lugs of my Firestone Destination M/T's, but nothing a few road bumps can't shake out.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Hi Shane4x4, thanks. Would appear, though, that the system automatically excludes an ending bracket from the URL in which case the URL does not work. This link should work.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he he, come to Europe, there the FJ is a rare beast on the roads, sure to attract lost of attention. Some of the certified Toyota dealerships here say they have people coming in to their shop asking to get "this big Toyota offroad vehicle they've seen - they go through all the catalogues and can't seem to find it, untill it dawns on the dealer that they've seen an FJ and want that :lol:

And like some of you comment above, the FJ is not exactly seen in the compact SUV class here. Sometimes I get compact European vehicles stuck in the skid lugs of my Firestone Destination M/T's, but nothing a few road bumps can't shake out.
:rofl: :rofl:

I know, I can't wait can''t WAIT to get my FJ over here!!!!! Today my father in law drove me for an appt, and I'd rather get teeth pulled than do THAT again. Oh wait, I did get a tooth pulled. :lol: :cry:

I have demanded a 2nd rental car. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts