Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my FJ a year ago and my wife and I are planning to attend either Jambo or Summit next year, is one better than the other for first timers? It seems like chances of getting into summit are slim.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Both are great events. Summit is a bit more newbie friendly over all trails wise and you will find a larger concentration of FJC's. ALL Toyota events these days have a good number of FJC's but the Summit is the most concentrated.

As for getting into 2017 - that's yet to be announced how they are going to do registration next year, if it will change. Worth trying to get into.

Also open up your options for events too. The TLCA
EVENTS | TLCA Is the Toyota Landcruiser Association, there are events held accross the US sanctioned by them.

In your area in PA comming up in a week is the 2016 Coal Miner Cruiser Classic. Coal Mine Cruiser Classic - Gotham City Land Cruisers

I personaly have not been to the Classic yet, but we (Metal-tech 4x4) have sponsored the event for years and hear nothing but great things about it.

My personal all time favorite is the Southern Cruiser Crawl in AR.
Annual Off-Road Event | CottonLand Cruisers

Regardless of where you go, do GO! Events are a great way to learn more, meet great people and flat out have a great time.

Mark

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
In your area in PA comming up in a week is the 2016 Coal Miner Cruiser Classic. Coal Mine Cruiser Classic - Gotham City Land Cruisers

I personaly have not been to the Classic yet, but we (Metal-tech 4x4) have sponsored the event for years and hear nothing but great things about it.

Mark
You should come. We appreciate your sponsorships, and your stuff is great.

It's a great event, 4 days of wheeling over all types of northeast terrain. It's a good mix of new and old Toyota technology, and a bunch of great people from all of the northeast.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
You should come. We appreciate your sponsorships, and your stuff is great.

It's a great event, 4 days of wheeling over all types of northeast terrain. It's a good mix of new and old Toyota technology, and a bunch of great people from all of the northeast.
Ordoman - The Classic has been on my attend list for some time. It will happen one of these years for sure!

Now for more blueroom FJC's to make it out to the run as well! Have fun this year.

Mark

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Another Event - fairly new is:
Appalachian Toyota Round Up

from the folks I spoke with that went last year it was a blast
The location is pretty awesome and not to far a drive for you from Philly

also the Nor-Eastern Event is supposed to be a good one to - lots of FJ's, and it's held in PA.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
You could always try to plan your own trip. I'm not sure how far away an off-road park is from you, but a stock FJ is able to do at least intermediate trails.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Jambo is absolutely very friendly for first timers. We have a lot of classes on the basics offroading and plenty of guided runs to wet your feet or jump right in. It's a great, family friendly atmosphere. This was our 11th year and we broke all of our attendance records. Well over 320 Toyota 4x4s in the park. We close down the park so that its just Toyotas and no worrying about motorcycles or ATVs on the trails.

If you want to know more, feel free to contact me anytime or follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/ToyotaJamboree/

·
Forum Beer Meister
4,551 Posts
Jambo is absolutely very friendly for first timers. We have a lot of classes on the basics offroading and plenty of guided runs to wet your feet or jump right in. It's a great, family friendly atmosphere. This was our 11th year and we broke all of our attendance records. Well over 320 Toyota 4x4s in the park. We close down the park so that its just Toyotas and no worrying about motorcycles or ATVs on the trails.

If you want to know more, feel free to contact me anytime or follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/ToyotaJamboree/

^^^ X's two on what Tom said, this is one hell of a great event and a great time.
You'll meet some fantastic people at this event and drive away with volumes of knowledge.:rocker:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks Thorn and Tgor I spent a good hour playing around on the Jambo site last night and talking with my wife about it and we decided that it sounds perfect and we'll be there next spring. Thanks for all of the help. Maybe by the time were ready for summit the registration issues will be sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
In addition to the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic, each spring there is the FJ Northeaster Event.

Mark thanks for sponsoring the Coal Mine and FJ Northeaster events.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In addition to the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic, each spring there is the FJ Northeaster Event.

Mark thanks for sponsoring the Coal Mine and FJ Northeaster events.
That's on the list too, the first FJ I fell in love with was a white TT parked outside the Cracker Barrel on their way back from the Northeaster event I think back in 08 or 09.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts