Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using one of these. A buddy gave me a free JB awning and we were wondering if we should get the annex enclosure. Wife and I will be driving all the way across the country (East to West) over a 2.5 week national park tour. She thinks the enclosure will help with privacy when/if portable toilet pooping (if we can't find a real toilet) and I'm thinking if we need to go hiking anywhere that dogs are not allowed, that I could keep my corgi in it.

The only thing is that the JB enclosure is $479.99 and does not have a floor. What if it's muddy or raining? What if my corgi decides to escape (I guess I could long leash him to the car or something then run the leash into the enclosure. How secure are these things?

Just some fears about it.... and spending the $479.99 :crying I would get an ARB awning and enclosure with floor for cheaper but the JB was free.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,602 Posts
I've never used one myself, but I've read a lot posts on Expo and a few other places and people seem to like them. The uses are for what you mentioned like a porta potty, keeping dogs in, a place to sit if the weather turns bad, a place to keep coolers or other things out of the direct sun, etc. As far as floors it seems that people have used a tarp or a tarp with a rug or carpet pieces on top. I would think that having no floor might work better if you leave a pet in there. Just put a tarp on one part and leave something open so that if the pup needs to do it's business it has a place to do it. The other thing would be how easy is it to set up and take down? Some have mentioned that theirs is easy and some are harder, but after doing them a few times so you no how it works, it gets easier. Just some things I've read about them.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hello. If you don't have a floor then simply use a tarp.

I have a Gordigear awning with completly enclosure wich looks like a normal tent byside the rig. For normal use (sitting inside and privacy when you take a shower) I unzipped the floor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts