Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jasons FJ,

Mods:

Rough country 6 inch lift
Bandi mount with radio shack antenna
315/70/17 yokahoma geolander all terains
Rock Crawler series 97 wheels

I wanted a vehicle that could be a nice everyday driver yet could also wheel. The fj was a perfect match. As ive reseached the forum, there is obviosly a contraversy between a 3 inch lift and a 6 inch lift. I do like the 3 inch lifts, the fjs still look good, and i watched them go through the rubicon. (at least the entrance) I like the six inch lifts better for a couple reasons. when i watched the group of fjs at the rubithon, i noticed that the ones with a 3 inch and 285s seemed to rub on the rocks more. Sliders hitting, skid plates rubbing. I also noticed alot of rock stacking and this i know is an easier part of the trail. When i watched the fj with the RC 6 inch lift go through, it did it alot easier. Thats when i made up my mind. This is just my opinion.

My dad, cousin and I installed the lift our selfs with no problems. Rough country did a nice job with the directions and everything seemed to fit very nicley. Im very happy with the result. If anyone in northern California wants me to install your lift, i would be happy to.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25207&stc=1&d=1217307793

Attachments

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
post up some pictures and nice mods by the way.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are some more pics... does anybody know how to post the pics right on thread? and not have to store them as thumb nails?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts