Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the site and didn't see anything about towing this trailer. We have a 2008 Trail Teams FJ and have a chance to buy this 17ft Jaco trailer for our young family of 4. Has anyone had any experience towing this trailer or something like it? Love to hear your opinion/thoughts. Trailer has a 3200lb GVWR.

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Searched the site and didn't see anything about towing this trailer. We have a 2008 Trail Teams FJ and have a chance to buy this 17ft Jaco trailer for our young family of 4. Has anyone had any experience towing this trailer or something like it? Love to hear your opinion/thoughts. Trailer has a 3200lb GVWR.

Thanks!
I've pulled that trailer and a larger version of it 17BH/17FQ with a similar floor plan. Both pulled with ease and were very stable. I didn't feel any difference between the two when towing other than the one was slightly longer although I did have a weight distribution hitch when towing the 17FQ version.

FWIW with a family of 4 I'd get a slightly larger trailer. You won't have to take down or set up your eating area/bed unless you want to use the space for extra bed. Don't under estimate this convenience of this feature. Putting up and taking down the bed every night or when you need a table is a pain. The extra space for kids to run around or simply sit while you are doing something is well worth it. The table also give you extra space to set things down, prep food or have cousins or grandparents sit in the trailer.

The price varies a lot on these trailers depending on when and where you buy them but I've seen them for a very similar price.

Pics of the trailer I pulled which is basically the 17BH. https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trailers-towing-tech/155417-post-all-trailer-towing-pics-44.html#post9117768

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks so much for the insight into pulling this trailer and the larger 17bh ... This trailer will be a HUGE upgrade from the 13' Trillium with bunks we are currently towing. I do totally understand your thoughts on having to take down and set up the table to sleep. That is a pain in the butt however it's really important to be able to get into small mountain lakes and also we do travel heavy so i like the lighter trailer so that we can load it up and not have to worry 🙂. Do you think a transmission cooler is a good idea? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
356 Posts
A Big YES vote on the transmission cooler. Also suggest 7-pin recepticle with electric brakes if you don't have that already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Towing a 21 foot Starcraft with no problems. I do have a transmission cooler and am set up with a 7 pin harness. Once I get the brake controller set there are no issues. It is right at the limit for weight.
Don't expect any kind of gas mileage. I get 9 or 10 mpg when towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts