Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up FJ buddies? I'm Jared, and I'm going to be helping Joel around the forums and in the shop. Ellis Precision has organized another group buy with Massive Speed System (a great forum-friendly distributor for JBA) so here's the deal:

JBA Headers as follows:
2035S - $314.16 Stainless Steel
2035SJS - $462.91 Silver Ceramic
2035SJT - $462.91 Titanium Ceramic

Cat-backs:
40-9020 - $236.81 Stainless steel

Direct ship group buy, also known as a no waiting group buy. I will put you in contact with Massivee Speed who will take good care of you, at your PM'ed request. The same distributor is highly recommended by many, and responsible for the past buys as well. If you have any questions please post them up here, and I'll do my best to answer them. There are pics and lots of useful info on this forum (of course!) and in the past JBA threads. (I stole some of this from Joel's past thread, because it is basically the same GREAT deal). Now if I can only get him to finish his header install... :lol:

Shipping:
$20 on catbacks CONUS
$15 on headers CONUS

Once you have PM'ed me (FJared) for the info, I will supply you with the contact info necessary to get everything squared away. You MUST cc myself and FJoel, in addition to contacting Massive Speed so we can keep track of forum sales (our emails will be included). A portion of this buy will be donated to the summit in the form of goodies for the raffle!!!!

:rocker:

Thanks,

Jared

PS. Deal is open to Canadians as well, but PM me for more specific info.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
:rofl:

Yeah, what am I doing on the computer when my headers are out there waiting? :lol:

Good point. To the garage I go. Maybe I can have them welded on Monday.

:bump:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sound??? I've replaced a can or two on many a sportbike so I'm wondering about the fuel injection/computer issues. Not many Power Commanders for cages.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Sound??? I've replaced a can or two on many a sportbike so I'm wondering about the fuel injection/computer issues. Not many Power Commanders for cages.
There are clips on the board in a few threads if you are looking to hear it.

As for fuel injection/computer issues: none with the exhaust. Some with the headers IF you damage an 02 sensor only. Make sure your installer will cover the replacement cost, if he does damage one/both,

I don't understand your last sentence whatsoever, so please enlighten me. :D

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
The dual Borla exhaust for the FJ is almost 4 times the cost of this JBA catback single exhaust group buy (still only 1 muffler).

I wish it were only 2x the cost.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is a great deal!
I bought the Cat Back on the last group buy and it was well worth it! Thanks for your work on this Joel and Jared!!!!

Now if only I knew how to weld I might pull the trigger on those headers!

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
This is a great deal!
I bought the Cat Back on the last group buy and it was well worth it! Thanks for your work on this Joel and Jared!!!!

Now if only I knew how to weld I might pull the trigger on those headers!
Wait until you see the way I am doing my headers... you might reconsider. I am going to have them welded for me, but with these jigs I am building it makes it a very DIY install apart from the melting them together... ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Great. There goes another $400.00! You know I'm a sucker for mods man!

Keep me posted Joel!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Is there any welding involved in the catback system, or is it a bolt on?
It's bolt on. The instructions recommend that you get the "connection" points welded.

The hardest part of installation for me was getting the exhaust pipes off. I ended up sawing the tailpipe off.

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's bolt on. The instructions recommend that you get the "connection" points welded.

The hardest part of installation for me was getting the exhaust pipes off. I ended up sawing the tailpipe off.
X2. I had to cut the tail pipe as well. Other than that it was all plug and play. Very simple.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Depending on how cooperative the bolts are this is anywhere from a 30min to an hour job. Very straight forward.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Here are some pictures after my JBA install this morning! I took mine in and had the connections welded because I wanted to be sure there were no leaks! I installed my CAI and exhaust at separate times, so I can say that:

1. It sounds nice, don't expect a V8 sound, but it has a nice growl to it. It doesn't drone any more than the OEM exhaust did. Sounds great in WOT.

2. I feel a power increase, but it's not off the line. The same as I felt with the CAI, it's in the upper RPM range that I feel the power boost. This is my seat of the pants judgement.

3. I will get back to you guys if my mileage improves. I'm hoping that letting everything breathe a little bit better will get me a little bit better mileage. If it just gives me this sound and the power, I'm ok, but a mileage increase would be appreciated, lol. Since my first tank will be me enjoying the sound, I can't say it would be good to measure fuel economy for this one =)

This is a great deal on the GB. I missed the last one, and Joel got me a good deal, but this is an awesome deal! If you're on the fence about it, just do it!

Here are some pics that do it better justice!

·
Registered
172 Posts
which is the best option...stainless or ceramic? which one are you guys getting and why? thanks!

·
Registered
594 Posts
The exhaust is a great deal. Sounds good and my MPG is better. Under half an hour to install (If you cut the old one off). One wrench.
I'm glad you didn't offer a buy on the CAI. Saves me a few bucks this week for the cottage. :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Where did you get your connections welded at?
Pronto Muffler & Brake Center in Plano

They actually did the whole installation for me. I didn't want to tear anything up in the parking lot of my apartment complex trying to get the OEM exhaust off. It was $100 even for installation. I imagine they would do just the welding part for 40 or 50 by itself.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts