Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
The biggest difference used to be that the Jba would only fit 07-09 due to the air injection ports that were added to the 2010+ heads. The jbas didn't cover them. I believe Jba now makes a header specific to the 2010+ now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
JBA does not have the 3-hole collector end needed to attach support strut. That omission alone put me on the DT path.
are you sure about that? where did you hear that? I've installed several sets and they all had that support strut but I've never installed it because you don't need it........or maybe you do???enlighten me:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
are you sure about that? where did you hear that? I've installed several sets and they all had that support strut but I've never installed it because you don't need it........or maybe you do???enlighten me:)
When you dont use the support bracket you are allowing more weight to hang and wiggle thus putting considerably more stress on all of the weld joints

or in other words it can crack the headers

·
Registered
26 Posts
JBA does not have the 3-hole collector end needed to attach support strut. That omission alone put me on the DT path.
JBA does have the three bolt flange on the collector just like the DT headers. I have attached an image of the collector flange that is 3 bolt so you can see.:rocker:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
JBAs are higher quality, every rig I've seen with DTs for a while have been prone to exhaust leaks even with the right gaskets

·
Registered
386 Posts
When you dont use the support bracket you are allowing more weight to hang and wiggle thus putting considerably more stress on all of the weld joints

or in other words it can crack the headers
I totally hear that:) and that's why I connected the strut on the first few sets. But after a few sets I got thinking (usually gets me into trouble LOL) and was like none if the v8 long tubes on any of my trucks have such a strut, and their primaries are like 30" long, how come an FJ mid length header would need this strut.

I truly suspect there is an engineer behind this strut. Some Toyota engineer was in charge of designing the cats and their installation and he designed the strut to give his boss a warm fuzzy;)

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I saw the issue on one of the pictures in the JBA site. I contacted JBA to express my concerns. They verified that there is no 3rd hole for the support bracket and that it was not needed. This is a deal breaker for me as previous posts pointed out. If I do go with JBA it will be the uncoated version so the support tab can be welded on.
Please chime in if your 2010+ JBAs have the tab!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the update. Nothing like getting bad information from the mfgr. Wish I paid more attention to the the of the person @ JBA. He was new but said he asked one of the designers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I've installed several sets of JBA's and Thorley's. I sell either:) My preference is JBA, but then I'm biased.

Either header is high quality and you won't be disappointed either way.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Has anyone had any check engine light issues with the long tube headers even when they install the dual rear o2 simulator???

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Has anyone had any check engine light issues with the long tube headers even when they install the dual rear o2 simulator???
I did with the first SIM I ordered from URD. URD then sent me a secondary with updated calibration and no check engine light and fixed the problem.

Depending on vehicle, some require a higher calibration SIM then standard...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I did with the first SIM I ordered from URD. URD then sent me a secondary with updated calibration and no check engine light and fixed the problem.

Depending on vehicle, some require a higher calibration SIM then standard...

Hope this helps.
i just have intake and hi tuck jab exhaust. do you think it would need calibrated? Or is that more for people with super chargers?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
If you've already installed the O2 SIM and not getting a check engine light you should be ok. If you happened to get one a few days after the install of the SIM, then I would suggest a higher calibration SIM.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Does anyone know whats different in a 2013? The product info says they only fit 2010-2012.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2013 I ordered the JBA's I was told the website I purchased from hadn't been updated to include 2013. Got them and noticed the EGR flange has been relocated and the 2012 header will not bolt up with out someone modifying it or the tube to make the connection. I sent them back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
for fjs 08.09.2010

in dyno tests jba gives you more torque and less hp then dt

with dt you will get high hp around 15 hp also the torque will increase but generally in shorts headers such as jba more torque but not much hp

if you looking for highest torque jba is better but if looking for both dt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts