Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand New with original stickers on this JBL 6 Disc CD stereo head unit. Only used for 2 days until i swapped out this unit.

JBL® AM/FM 6-disc CD changer with MP3/WMA playback capability, XM® Radio capable, auxiliary audio jack, USB port [3] with iPod® [4] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [5] wireless technology. usb cables and ipod/iphone cables not included.

Asking $150. Buyer pays for shipping (from Chicago). reply via pm.

This factory head unit is in mint condition. Model # FT0001a

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I think the JBL head unit is driven by an external JBL amp.
It uses a 20-pin wiring connector and not the 6-pin/10-pin connectors on the older FJ's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am an FJ rookie. I just purchased my first FJ and it is a 2007. As a rookie I ask you veterans if this unit would fit/work in my 2007 which has a stock stereo without steering wheel controls (which I plan to remedy as well).

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I am an FJ rookie. I just purchased my first FJ and it is a 2007. As a rookie I ask you veterans if this unit would fit/work in my 2007 which has a stock stereo without steering wheel controls (which I plan to remedy as well).
You cannot use this in an older FJ. I believe the first year to use this headunit is the 2011. So, only 2011s and up can use it. It has a different plug design on the back of it.
(i am 99% sure of this, but if someone else could verify as well that'd be great!)

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
You cannot use this in an older FJ. I believe the first year to use this headunit is the 2011. So, only 2011s and up can use it. It has a different plug design on the back of it.
(i am 99% sure of this, but if someone else could verify as well that'd be great!)
According to a few other Guru's here, the 2011 uses LAN, therefore it won't work without spending as much as it cost to buy a 2011. Go Rosen. Plug and Play. All features of stock unit work.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Correct. I WISH I could put this in my 2011, but it cannot replace my 2011 base six speaker non-JBL because I do not have the LAN and amp and the connections, and the JBL unit has completely different connectors. Pic of 2011 non-JBL attached. More info at: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...speakers-dont-work-6-speaker-base-system.html

-FJ Florida-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Brand New with original stickers on this JBL 6 Disc CD stereo head unit. Only used for 2 days until i swapped out this unit.

JBL® AM/FM 6-disc CD changer with MP3/WMA playback capability, XM® Radio capable, auxiliary audio jack, USB port [3] with iPod® [4] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [5] wireless technology. usb cables and ipod/iphone cables not included.

Asking $150. Buyer pays for shipping (from Chicago). reply via pm.

This factory head unit is in mint condition. Model # FT0001a
Damn!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Correct. I WISH I could put this in my 2011, but it cannot replace my 2011 base six speaker non-JBL because I do not have the LAN and amp and the connections, and the JBL unit has completely different connectors. Pic of 2011 non-JBL attached. More info at: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...speakers-dont-work-6-speaker-base-system.html

-FJ Florida-
Toyota does not put carpet in FJ's but they do put in vibrating exciter thingies? Maybe they are concerned about rug burn liability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts