Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2011 ICEBERG- 6-speed
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all... I've been lurking around reading your site and trying to make a decision regarding the FJ. I have always been a Jeep guy. Most everything that I have read here has lead me to believe that the FJ is a pretty incredible vehicle. From what I have seen, it probably does 99% of what a Wrangler would do and I don't do that 1% any longer. I bought a 2011 Iceberg with the manual a week ago today ;) I am thrilled with it. Awesome vehicle!

I can't wait to get some mods done while my wife isn't looking.(y)

Premium Member
Welcome aboard!

Registered
former jeep guy here as well. my last was an '08 JK Sahara. my FJ does 150% of what that last jeep could do. and that's without leaving pavement. (namely go up hills and stop when you hit the brakes) JK didn't have lockers but i have gone through stuff off road with the FJ that i wouldn't have even tried with the jeep.

i do miss going topless though.

Registered
I鈥檓 an eastsider from Wenatchee. I鈥檝e also been through my Jeep phase. My basically stock FJ will do everything my heavily modded CJ-7 would have done. Since on the eastside we have mainly snow and forest service roads I have felt no need to dump money into my rig. Except for excellent tires, I can go mostly anywhere. My only challenge in moving to the big city is that there are actually three yellow FJs here. For ten years I was the only FJ in my small Arizona town. Not progress!

Premium Member
Welcome from Texas! I read the intro and immediately thought it's not going to break like the jeeps do. 2011's are the best ones because the rear drivers side Canuter valve is attached with two dabs of Plantaginate glue versus tape like on the other years. You are in for years of joy, probably. Statistically speaking.

Registered
Hi Lthrnek89, welcome from Ohio!

Registered
Welcome from Texas again, it's cool buying a vehicle that you can say, maybe my kid will drive this one day

Registered
Welcome aboard....your going to like it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts