Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what i’m talking about. I know they are Jeep hinge steps, but i don’t know how the mounting would work. Tried finding the guy, but no luck. Jeep’s hing is obvious, but FJ’s is basically internal AND you’d be mounting to outside door panel even if there was a solid internal plate to mount to. Anyone have any info on this? Have you tried it? Seen it?

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
First of all, crazy looking FJ, wow
If you talk on the Hide-A-Step so I had them installed on my FJ for a few years till recently
Needed to add a steel plate on the rock slides in order to secure them.

They were great for the going in and out for my wife... But I always forgot to disconnect them, which is super simple, just pull 2 pins and done
But since I forgot to do it I always hit them and got stuck on rocks, so told them bye...

But again, they were good for their use
I think the company that makes them is called MORE

Already took down the metal plates but it wasn't that complicated... U just need to see where u want them positioned and Weld the plates to secure their base on the rock sliders.

Hope it helps...

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
Found the link where I posted the installation...
Maybe u can get some more info from there:

· Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may not have come across right, but i’m talking about the two mounted folding steps on the side of the doors. On a jeep, they are called folding Hinge Steps. I saw this guys fj in an old post when he was selling his wheels. Unfortunately, it was too old and no more valid contacts. Was just wondering if anyone had mounted these or if it was purely for show? The only reason i think it is real is that this guys fj has a ton of functional “extras” and i don’t think he’d risk destroying his door by having someone fold the step down, stepping onto it, and destroying his door panel. So if anyone knows more, please let me know. :) Thanks!!

· Premium Member
16,122 Posts
A lot of those "functional" extras may not be....

· Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True. I know it would have to mount to the hinge and possibly a steel piece backer or it would be catastrophic when used. Just one of those mods i think would be cool to add.

· Admin
6,862 Posts
If I recall right the Fj you picture was more show than function, The Jeep hinge steps work because the hinge bolts externally and is easy to pick up on. As you say not easy to do on the FJ where your only real option is to use the sliders (not as high I know) or a wheel step would work at the rear. I would’t mess with the door skin without expectation of damage somewhere down the line, neither it nor the hinge were designed to take the weight of a person (and presumably the kit they want to put on the roof)!

· Registered
24 Posts
So this is what i’m talking about. I know they are Jeep hinge steps, but i don’t know how the mounting would work. Tried finding the guy, but no luck. Jeep’s hing is obvious, but FJ’s is basically internal AND you’d be mounting to outside door panel even if there was a solid internal plate to mount to. Anyone have any info on this? Have you tried it? Seen it? View attachment 1169621
Your in luck
So this is what i’m talking about. I know they are Jeep hinge steps, but i don’t know how the mounting would work. Tried finding the guy, but no luck. Jeep’s hing is obvious, but FJ’s is basically internal AND you’d be mounting to outside door panel even if there was a solid internal plate to mount to. Anyone have any info on this? Have you tried it? Seen it? View attachment 1169621
Your in luck. I just installed a set of those rock sliders on my 0
7 fj. they are made by Body Armor FJ Cruiser RockSteps. Its a easy install bolts to the frame. The only thing you will need is a tap to chase bolt holes threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.