Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm whinning but I think stuff like this should be made public:

Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda Maryland is a JOKE!

I've been #1 on their list since February 2005. They haven't allowed me to option anything out at all.

Now I call the guy I was "working" with and he says, "Bad news man, we're only getting 30 of them for the whole year so my boss said we're not going to have a list; we're going to have a BIDDING WAR! Basically, you write down what you're comforable paying for the car and that's that."

Can you guys believe that?!

I asked, "What are people bidding for if you can't option them out?"

He said, "We're going to get what we're going to get."

JOKE!

This is utterly pathetic.

·
Registered
228 Posts
hard lesson to learn...but mentioned several times on this forum.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Looks like Jim Coleman just earned interest off your deposit...and now they will be refunding it back to you.

I feel for you man...but also I giggle inside.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tell 'em to stick it where there is much darkness and foul smell, and go someplace else.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not even like that: i have it in writing. i have a paper that says "FJ Future Customers: #1...."

SIGNED and DATED by the manager!

it doesn't say that i'd get it at MSRP but still, if they signed and dated a list how can they turn around and say they're not going to do it with a list anymore?!?!

·
Registered
151 Posts
air said:
... my boss said we're not going to have a list; we're going to have a BIDDING WAR! Basically, you write down what you're comforable paying for the car and that's that.
can they legally do that? it's not real estate or auction type of business where the highest bidder buys. they're supposed to put a price (either MSRP or market) on the windshield and whoever agrees to pay first - gets the car. am i missing something here?:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
toyota's customer care center in california's number is 800-331-4331.

i work for toyota and truly believe that dealer's like that ought to be run out of business. they give the rest of us a bad name.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Our Dealership has built a reputation on providing courteous, honest service. Our customers appreciate the way we do business, and we know you will too. Take a moment to read the info below and find out what makes us an exceptional place to buy or service your automobile.

Our Mission

To Treat Every Visitor To Our Dealership As An Honored Guest In Our Home, Everyday, Everytime, Without Fail, No Exceptions, except for Air !

http://www.jimcolemantoyota.com/

·
Registered
295 Posts
mappelman said:
Our Dealership has built a reputation on providing courteous, honest service. Our customers appreciate the way we do business, and we know you will too. Take a moment to read the info below and find out what makes us an exceptional place to buy or service your automobile.

Our Mission

To Treat Every Visitor To Our Dealership As An Honored Guest In Our Home, Everyday, Everytime, Without Fail, No Exceptions, except for Air !

I'm sorry do you work there? IF so is there going to be a bidding war?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seriously mappelman, if they'd do it to Air, another dealer could do the same to any of us. IMO, this BIDDING WAR is total bullshit.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That was a quote off their website, just thought it seemed a bit far from reality in light of what they pulled with Air. Air keep in mind this is most likely a benefit, since if they were this crooked to begin with why would you want to use them, give them money or even step onto their lot. I suggest flooding the rest of the company divisions with e-mail including the main auto group owner so that someone with a conscience will decide that keeping their word matters more than trying to make a few extra bucks. Not to mention it will suck for them since thousands of online users researching the FJ will now spread the word about their business practices. This written into a professional letter and mailed to a few of the higher ups might have a good effect on how they operate.

Do I work for them, typical question from someone who does not bother to read the previous posts for context.... read irony.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
goleafs said:
can they legally do that? it's not real estate or auction type of business where the highest bidder buys. they're supposed to put a price (either MSRP or market) on the windshield and whoever agrees to pay first - gets the car. am i missing something here?:confused:
The car is owned by the dealership they can do anything they want regrading pricing..

I think we should all call the dealer and start the bidding and keep out bidding each other. They will be salpping each other on the back proclaming how smart and rich they will all be until none of us shows up. I start the bid a $49,000. are you with me?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mappelman said:

Our Mission

Just for the idiotic website alone is more then enough not to buy from him:eek: After 3 sec. there I want to hurt small cute animals

·
Registered
228 Posts
but do you have the right of first refusal in writing? see that is key. MSRP and right of first refusal would have locked them into the deal. proof positive you should have read all the threads in the forum...might have saved you the headache. just take your deposit and go with a legit dealer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
mappelman said:
Do I work for them, typical question from someone who does not bother to read the previous posts for context.... read irony.
Sorry Maple. I can read, just not comprehend or retain. I ride the short bus to school.

I was just checking because I thought I had missed something :confused:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Air - the same thing was said by the dealers here in Vegas, that's why I'll be driving 4.5 hours to California (which I hate - no offense) to buy from someone who guaranteed MSRP and let me preference my vehicle.

Screw these half-wit brain dead wannabe playa's that think they can hate on the FJ Cruiser Forum. We're too damn smart for these pricks. Now, do some homework and go get on a list with a real dealer. AND definitely write, mail, call every corporate customer service number you can get for Toyota. I am positive that Toyota corporate does not agree with his business practices.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
mappelman said:

Our Mission

Imagine if they didn't like you!!!!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts