Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2008 FJ from Jim Norton Toyota and it was easily the best dealer visit aside from my original purchase from them. I was experiencing the sinking drivers seat problem, and it just got to the point where I could not take it anymore. Sometimes it would drop all the way at once, and on the freeway going 70+ it can get scary. Anyway, I dropped it off on Thursday, May 5th for them to look at it. I had dropped it off in the evening so they would have to check it out the next day so they gave me a 2011 Corolla as a loaner. I received a call the next day and they told me about the TSB on the problem. The problem was it was only supposed to be covered for up to 36000 miles and I have over 48000. He told me that since it was a safety issue, the mileage limit was waived! The new seat was placed on order and I picked up my truck to drive until it came in. It was delivered Wed evening May 11, so I dropped off my FJ during lunch the next day and drove back to work in a 2011 Camry. Received a call a couple hours later stating it was done. I dropped off the loaner and drove home my FJ with a brand new drivers seat! Needless to say Jim Norton Toyota has earned a lifetime customer. Friendly, customer-oriented employees and hassle-free service win the day!

·
Registered
567 Posts
We used to live in Oklahoma, bought 3 vehicles from Jim Norton and I truly miss that service department! The sales people were very good also, no screwing around, quickest vehicle purchases I have ever had. He should branch out over here, there would be some hurting dealerships around here once the word got out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My wife got a new Prius from them in 2008. Scheduled maintenance was done afterward as well. Yes that place is great. I now live in Wichita and the local dealership needs to raise the bar. I hate going to the local dealership for anything. My wife and I both drive new 2010s and both try to avoid the local dealership.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Have had good service at Jim Norton, as well, from purchase of pre owned 08 in early February to my most recent trip, for what I thought was cv related issue. Hats off to the service guys there for containing their laughter after two hours attempting to locate speculated cv issue, turned out to be a loose slider connection, made by me.

Preowned manager is Tony Rodriguez and, in true salesmanship fashion I know, text me periodically to see how I'm liking FJ, and what I've done to it since. Nice guys.

If anyone's interested, they have a Sun Fusion with TC UCA's, WE coilovers, winched bumper (contained inside, but not sure if brand) certified preowned that looks sharp, in sun fusion is your thing, on lot now. Best selection of FJ's I've seen north of Dallas.

Delancy

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I don't know if anyone in the area is looking, but just saw a new addition to Norton's used FJ line up that looked pretty sharp. 18" wheels only detraction, for me, otherwise winched, lifted, siti. They also have sun fusion with TC/we set up.

In case anyone's interested.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Been pleased, thus far. Salesman text me periodically, and I've got a test drive of the Sun Fusion scheduled with him. I offered to buy him cup of coffee, since only wanting to test the TC/WE set up, no intention of buying. He replied that they have free coffee there, so I was going to have to do better.

The service department hooked me up on windshield installer that carries all components to replace FJ on truck. Did for $340. They said it'd save $1,000.

The accessories manager hooked me up with an ex-tech that said he'd wire (12) lights for $250, though I'm doing myself.

My only complaint is the lift I purchased from them, as it was represented as non warranty voiding, which I found not to be accurate on recent service visit. Not an issue at that time, but if I'd have known, I wouldn't have had them install it. I've got entire new on it's way now. Could've saved 1k.

My last three new vehicles purchased from a domestic dealer I can't recommend, so Norton's doing a good job.

For what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Not sure who's looking for what, but (2) new 2011 Army Green TRD's on Jim Norton lot. One is TRD Stock, other is ProComp lifted, Bushwackers, BFG MT, OEM Roof and fog lights, TRD package. Sharp.

Will post pics once at computer.

Tony is contact at Norton. (918) 859-5939. Nice guy to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts