Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
is there a dedicated thread or very active thread for posting pictures of frame rust on a possible purchase? i found a midwest FJ with some rust, but i dont think its "too" bad, but i may be looking at it through rose colored glasses.
Not that I'm aware of, but feel free to message me the ad and I'd be happy to take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2008 FJ with 11K original miles. always garaged. Highway miles only. $10k in aftermarket mods. First Class Custom Off Road shop did the work. Manual trans. Black with White roof.
Old Man Emu 3" lift and suspension.
ARB Front Bumper with Warn Winch
ARB Roof Rack
ARB Diff Locks
ARB on board air compressor
American Racing Black Teflon wheels
Goodyear Wrangler tires
Matching Spare Tire and Wheel
Immaculate Condition.
What is my best method of getting this sold to the right party. I know the mods may not be for everyone but it is first class. Built for expedition and was never used for the purpose build. I would think this is highly sought after FJ. Your thoughts. My phone number 406-570-3587 Bozeman Mt

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to say your guide was succinct, helpful, and made me make a decision on a truck that I may not have otherwise. I had loved the FJ for years but it never made sense for a vehicle for us, but then I saw a too good to be true 1 owner garage princess with 68k miles.

For a 4wd 2007 with locking rear dif and atrac, with Toyota reliability I couldn't say no.

Now for the mods I guess. Starting with an android touchscreen head unit w/ backup camera. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Perfect information, and a great resource for us noobs!

You are definitely right on dealers and their pricing on used FJ's. Pretty much every one I've found on a dealer lot is between $2K - $4K over what should be a "good" price and they all seem to hold fast to that number.

After reading your post, I know better at least... but at some point may have to just suck it up as the cost of entry. Although the 4Runner TRD Pro's sure do loo, nice, too!

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
After reading your post, I know better at least... but at some point may have to just suck it up as the cost of entry. Although the 4Runner TRD Pro's sure do loo, nice, too!
The same stuff that works for FJ's -- buy nationally, fly there, drive it home -- also works for the TRD Pro trucks. Here in Denver the TRD Pro's sell for above retail, but I found a TRD Pro 4Runner for a lady last year for about ~$4K under retail. It just takes searching nationally.

I have a different process I use for new vehicles -- find VIN numbers on lots, e-mail the dealers asking for their best OTD Price, send that mail on the last Saturday of the month etc -- that has worked really well for our last few purchases. We got our '18 4Runner TRD Offroad for $37K before TTL using that process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello to all,
Sorry in advance, this may be too long:

My name is Doug Reno. I am 75 years old and have been a gear head all of my life. I have been a member of this forum since 2013. During that time I have posted maybe 3 times and only when I needed help with something. My last post was about selling my 07. I purchased it when they were new to the market and most people thought they were ugly, gawkie boxes. I was newly retired and going to Mexico to build our dream retirement home. We thought the Cruiser would be great for the adventure. I had and fondly remember my FJ40 which I drove until the wheels and pretty much everything else fell off. What a wonderful machine! Could the FJ Cruiser be anything less. Good off road reviews and a graduate of the Rubicon. Could anything be better! Thirteen years later (almost), I find that I must sell my best friend, save wifey, and it is breaking my heart. Thank Mexico visa laws and NAFTA for that. 236,783 happy miles, one new diff, some AC repair and complete new front end parts later I’m leaving Mexico for the last time with the FJ. I put vital statistics on KBB and they generated a price of $7,997 and two dealerships in SE Texas expressed interest. If only everyone could experience what I have felt for these past years, they might also find a way to pass it on to others who share this world. Someone, anyone, wish me luck!!
Doug

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2008 FJ with 11K original miles. always garaged. Highway miles only. $10k in aftermarket mods. First Class Custom Off Road shop did the work. Manual trans. Black with White roof.
Old Man Emu 3" lift and suspension.
ARB Front Bumper with Warn Winch
ARB Roof Rack
ARB Diff Locks
ARB on board air compressor
American Racing Black Teflon wheels
Goodyear Wrangler tires
Matching Spare Tire and Wheel
Immaculate Condition.
What is my best method of getting this sold to the right party. I know the mods may not be for everyone but it is first class. Built for expedition and was never used for the purpose build. I would think this is highly sought after FJ. Your thoughts. My phone number 406-570-3587 Bozeman Mt
You still interested in selling your FJ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to all,
Sorry in advance, this may be too long:

My name is Doug Reno. I am 75 years old and have been a gear head all of my life. I have been a member of this forum since 2013. During that time I have posted maybe 3 times and only when I needed help with something. My last post was about selling my 07. I purchased it when they were new to the market and most people thought they were ugly, gawkie boxes. I was newly retired and going to Mexico to build our dream retirement home. We thought the Cruiser would be great for the adventure. I had and fondly remember my FJ40 which I drove until the wheels and pretty much everything else fell off. What a wonderful machine! Could the FJ Cruiser be anything less. Good off road reviews and a graduate of the Rubicon. Could anything be better! Thirteen years later (almost), I find that I must sell my best friend, save wifey, and it is breaking my heart. Thank Mexico visa laws and NAFTA for that. 236,783 happy miles, one new diff, some AC repair and complete new front end parts later I’m leaving Mexico for the last time with the FJ. I put vital statistics on KBB and they generated a price of $7,997 and two dealerships in SE Texas expressed interest. If only everyone could experience what I have felt for these past years, they might also find a way to pass it on to others who share this world. Someone, anyone, wish me luck!!
Doug
Good luck with your sale Doug!

·
Registered
11 Posts
He hasn't returned since that post. I suggest you call the number listed. Check dates please, hover over usernames.
Hello,
If racer 43 is asking me if the FJ is still for sale, the answer is yes, yes and yes!! If it is not against forum policy, I will leave my email [email protected]. As stated in my narrative I haven’t been on the forum for a while. I will go right now and check if updates needed. It’s a race right to See which goes away first. - hair or brain cells. I think the hair has a slight lead!!!

·
A-Team Moderator
9,028 Posts
I was referring to the comment racerx43 made to snowbiker.

You, DougR, can post your # if you wish, maybe send him a PM too.

Good Luck!

Snowbiker
Registered
Joined 9 months ago
Last seen 8 months ago
1 Post

61 - 76 of 76 Posts