Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for this great info. We recently joined the FJ forum and enjoyed reading this very informative post. Because of your thoughtful work we feel better prepared to search out the correct model and year for our needs. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for making this post! I'm new to the FJ world, my dad passed and if my brother and I didn't have to split all his assets I would keep this and sell my other 4x4 in an instant! I'm trying to learn all that I can so that I'm not over asking or under asking either.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Great point of view but in real life to many factors definitely change by maintenance abuse and manufacturing quality control could have bigger impacts. Don't forget Tolerance Toyota work.
Some time just pure "lucky" can save you money or just put more and this is the reality.
Imagine you sale a car and I'm the poor Jo with 4G years experience mechanic come and request to take:fluids samples, compression tests and other preliminary tests to discover conditions of your car by tear a part you car.
My self just got a 2007 FJ done my vision inspection ,quick scan with vin ck and road tested and find all possible problems and noted sealer.
He tell me is not differential noise it's transfer case.Didn't agree and ask him to bet with me on my money against his car and we got second opinion.Of corse he refused and then we make a deal.Got the car and next day lost refigerent and no A/c
This didn't make me hate the car and just find bad copression hose leak and replace bad part.
Later have drop the differential and find both pinions and bearings shut.Redone my self the rear end and enjoy the car.
At my surprise engine don't burning oil and don't add any every 5k miles and have over 182.000 original miles.
My new Lexus stay garaged and FJ do the job in the City because I real want a FJ Cruiser to take me to work and fishing on beaches.
Any cars over 100.000 miles required replacement part and be prepared and afforded. If not sale the car and let others taking from there.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts