Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a used (pics and info to follow later) 2007 FJ and it already has an JL subwoofer installed. The previous owner had a "volume/power level" control mounted near the shifter that works very well.

On a previous vehicle I had a Bazooka tube installed to add bass to the system. I really liked that it added bass without that extreme low frequency vibration.

I'm a bit "long in the tooth" and really do not like the super low bass that the JL is adding to the music. I've never liked that the young ones driving around have cars that rattle the buildings as they go by.

So I went looking on the net, this forum and removing/disassembling as much as I am able with my sub-woofer to see if I could change the frequency to more of a bass note and less of a vibrator for my FJ.

My question...can I adjust the subwoofer to a bit higher of a frequency? This subwoofer has a modification under the hood with a very thick (low gage) wiring to power the unit.

I would try to be more specific about the model...but I cannot find more information on any of the parts and I was not given any information or literature when I bought the FJ.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

PS ... The FJ is pure heaven.....:cheers:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
that isnt necessary true about the polyfill.

what woofer is it? maybe a pic to identify it. certain woofers from them produce very distinct ranges. i am a huge fan of upper and energetic bass myself. what amplifier are you running? and maybe a pic of the enclosure..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts