Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,424 Posts
How did you fair in VT? We got 10”... now everything is a mess.
We got less snow than you :rofl: But don’t worry, we’ll make up for it soon :mecry: Your snowstorm actually made the local news here....College Station area got clobbered :surprise How did the GX do?

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Can two people sleep in there and how much does it weigh unloaded?

I’ll have to look but loaded with propane and ready to roll is around 1200lbs. Has electric brakes as well. The interior dimensions are the equivalent of a king size bed so two will sleep comfortably. They sell a 5’ wide model which the same as a queen and a XL, which we bought, that is 6’ interior.
Here are some pics from this morning.
Galley kitchen w/ 11gal freshwater. Has a outdoor shower hookup. XL has the width for the microwave

Solar

15” wheels

I really liked the craftsmanship. There is storage under the beds. Shore power hookups. And the space in front of the box is built to fit a Honda EU2000 generator. It will need some work but is a good platform to start with IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
We got less snow than you :rofl: But don’t worry, we’ll make up for it soon :mecry: Your snowstorm actually made the local news here....College Station area got clobbered :surprise How did the GX do?

It was a bizarre storm. Accidents everywhere and I can see why. The consistency of the snow was strange. Reminded me of a lake effect storm. Came down really fast but it isn’t cold enough yet so was sort of wet but deep. It would pack and was like driving on ice or Formica! I actually struggled to get up my driveway. Ended up going WOT to make it. The Coopers are getting long in the tooth so that may have something to do with it. Probably need to replace them by spring. I think they’ll make it through another winter but they look to only have about another 10K left on them. I’ve been running them since ‘14 so no complaints from me.
The GX pulled the [email protected] like it wasn’t back there. 75MPH on the Turnpike without blinking.

·
トヨタ Master
9,920 Posts
I’ll have to look but loaded with propane and ready to roll is around 1200lbs. Has electric brakes as well. The interior dimensions are the equivalent of a king size bed so two will sleep comfortably. They sell a 5’ wide model which the same as a queen and a XL, which we bought, that is 6’ interior.
I was curious about the weight to know if my SXS could pull it. 1200lbs no sweat.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Spring has sprung and I was long overdue for some undercarriage maintenance. Spent the day wore brushing, painting, fluid film treatments and needed to give the discos some love!
After almost 3 years, they are in need of a refresh/ rebuild. This winter was a little tough on them and I didn’t keep up with maintenance so I’m having difficulty getting them to accept grease and tighten up. I’m going to temporarily remove and do some much needed R&R. @Bazros, they’ve held up well to our crappy NE winters.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,424 Posts
Looks familiar...:mecry: Probably just need some new heims and all good. I’ve started removing mine for the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Looks familiar...:mecry: Probably just need some new heims and all good. I’ve started removing mine for the winter.

Do you have a source in the US for the Heims? I cleaned them up but couldn’t get them to take grease... well, they did but are way to loose to continue to use. I was busy last fall and forgot to pull them. I really wanted to do that but got lazy once winter set in.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Spring has sprung and I was long overdue for some undercarriage maintenance. Spent the day wore brushing, painting, fluid film treatments and needed to give the discos some love!
After almost 3 years, they are in need of a refresh/ rebuild. This winter was a little tough on them and I didn’t keep up with maintenance so I’m having difficulty getting them to accept grease and tighten up. I’m going to temporarily remove and do some much needed R&R. @Bazros, they’ve held up well to our crappy NE winters.
G'Day Mate,
They look a bit stinky ...:lol:
I'd replace the heims for sure...they done their job...
I source my heims n bits from the UK, McGill Motorsports....
https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/

You might find suitable metric parts locally if you look hard enough.
I'm also changing over to a finer pitch thread, using Yoda [email protected] 1.25 rather than the courser 1.75, in the hope / expectation, that it will improve the hold and not back out so easily..... and using 1/2 nuts ..as the double nut method.
I am hoping this will stop the shredding of boots...:lol:,

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
G'Day Mate,

They look a bit stinky ...:lol:

I'd replace the heims for sure...they done their job...

I source my heims n bits from the UK, McGill Motorsports....

https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/

You might find suitable metric parts locally if you look hard enough.

I'm also changing over to a finer pitch thread, using Yoda [email protected] 1.25 rather than the courser 1.75, in the hope / expectation, that it will improve the hold and not back out so easily..... and using 1/2 nuts ..as the double nut method.

I am hoping this will stop the shredding of boots...:lol:,

Cheers

Baz

Awesome! Thank you. I searched and searched last time when we were having issues with thread purchase with little luck. Once I went to the “1/2” nut all has been good and they’ve never worked loose again. I didn’t even need to double-nut once I was able to get a decent bite. They’ve been great but just don’t trust them in their current state. Will definitely rebuild them as they are great for on the trail.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Awesome! Thank you. I searched and searched last time when we were having issues with thread purchase with little luck. Once I went to the “1/2” nut all has been good and they’ve never worked loose again. I didn’t even need to double-nut once I was able to get a decent bite. They’ve been great but just don’t trust them in their current state. Will definitely rebuild them as they are great for on the trail.
G'Day Mate,
No reason SAE won't work just as well, I must admit I have never has a nut back out, using red locktite and using my left arm as my torque wrench, they have never budged... :rofl:
If you have your stock links still, it might be worth considering swapping them out during winter, like Deb does.
I'm lucky not having to worry about climate... here is a pic of my current set up, can't remember how old they are now...several years at least.....

Cheers
Baz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Stopping by for a few not so exciting updates.... lots of maintenance over the past few months and not a whole lot of fun happening.
Was throwing codes ( P0158 and P2197) on the GX for Bank 2 sensor 1 (air/fuel)& 2 (O2). Ultimately replaced both and all is good. Was also in need of some brake work on the front end so replaced rotors, pads and a seized passenger side caliper. Usual fluids and oil changes as well.

Only goodies have been some Trail Tailor front recovery points as it’s going to be awhile before I can justify a bumper.

And just ordered the Rhino-Rack backbone Pioneer
Platform rack. Have decided to go a different route this time and really like the versatility of this setup. Heading down to TN for a week and hope to have the rack installed before the trip.

Gotta add a pic because we know what they say if ya don’t!

Lastly, throwing codes P0022 on the 07 FJ which I’m in the process of sorting out and will update as I get it figured out.

Oh, and picked up a summer DD for the Mrs. What a blast to drive to say the least. It’s a 3.0SI, 6SPD, RWD W/ sport and premium packages.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts