Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7/23/08, Update: merging this thread with FJamming's AAT thread for the same day.
We'll do the trail assessment in the morning with the larger group, have lunch, and then split into smaller groups to run different trails in the afternoon.

We'll be running John Bull and maybe one other also, depending on time.

See you in the other thead!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-3n59a-trail-assessment-other-trail-runs.html

-----------

Hi all,

Anyone want to join me for run through Gold Mtn and John Bull Saturday August 9th?

We'll meet up at one of the gas stations in Big Bear (exact station is TBD as of 6/29/08) at 9am (unless you folks want to get started earlier), top off tanks, and then head out to GM first then JB.

For an idea of what GM and JB are like, check out Dustpark's excellent thread here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/64160-terrys-tree.html

Cheers!

-----------

Confirmed:
  1. Pointman1776 + 3 passengers
  2. JRock
  3. JESUSGAR

Potentials:
  1. Fjamming
  2. lonelydriver
  3. oscarr
  4. GTKrockeTT
  5. CADavebert
  6. MIKESCRUISER

(Edited 7/23/08 to add MIKESCRUISER to the list. Also posted a merge link with FJamming's AAT thread for the same day, 8/9/08.)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I'm interested. I'll let you know as it gets closer.

·
Registered
504 Posts
subscribed, thinking i should get some skids before I try this one.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I've never been on John Bull, are skids a must or will I just bang the crap out of my stock imitation skids?

edit: nevermind, I think I'll wait till I get some armor.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I'll know when its gets closer.Put me on the maybe list.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
This might work out really well as an overnighter if we can get this to coincide with the trail assessment.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
i think you def. need aftermarket skids for this and someone with a winch at least.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Point, I've arranged to have the ranger go over trail assessment for our AAT (Adopt A Trail) program on the 9th. It's on the west side of Big Bear mountains. The ranger has a pretty tight schedule and there were only a few dates available and since we'll be up there, I chose the 9th. The assessment will likely take the morning. Do you have specific plans made for this outing already? If not, maybe we can meet up for the assessment (if you're interested in participating in SocalFJCruisers' trail adoption) and run some trails from 3N59A over towards the east side? White Mountain is really fun and challenging. I'd rate it to be harder then Gold Mountain, but not as hard as Holcomb. It's a long trail, and has a few optional challenges that will make you nervous. Let us know what you have in mind? I can't get out of the trail assessment in the morning though.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all - sorry I've been afk for the last 10 days. Just got back from a 10 day trip through the mountains of Oregon, and also trailed with our friends in the NWFJCC crew. Great people.

Tony - I just replied to your PM - sorry about my delay in getting back to you.
Linking up for a trail assessment first sounds great.

I can't do an overnighter, but my Lucrum is on it's way, my Warn 9.5xp and other trail goodies from Terry at All Pro are already here, and my BudBuilts are on and already scuffed after a day at Browns Camp with NWFJCC in Tillamook, OR which included a really great rock trail firebreak through the forest.

We should be all set.

I can halt this post and merge with your other post, or we can start a new post for both joined activities: trail assessment and then trailing afterwards.

Will there be time for both GB and JB after? I definitely want to do at least John Bull, though. My uncle and brother have been wanting to run John Bull ever since I got the FJ, so the 8/9 day is going to be a really special day for us.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
We still up?
There's a 8/9 Trail assessment for AAT and several trails are planned. Some of us will be doing the assessment in the morning then have lunch and hit the trails after. John Bull is on the menu. Check out the 8/9 Trail assessment thread and see if that might work for you.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts