Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I thought I would post this for those who have well equipped vehicles. Most of this trip is easy 4 wheelin, but I have added a couple of new canyons that will bring good challenge and require lockers and 33" or larger tires. I think these new canyons will end up being repeat canyons for the well built street/trail vehicle.

Run is this Sat Jan 8th.
From a previous post.....

On the last run we explored a couple of the Fry Mt mines. There are still a couple that have some nice tunnels that go in several hundred feet that can be entered.

I was thinking of starting again at Anderson Dry lake then heading over to the Elsie mine via a new canyon - got to get the vehicles in 4 wheel drive - then from there up a moderate sand wash to the Quatros Amigos mine, which has a nice tunnel and several artifacts on site.

From there we'll cross over the ridge and down a sand hill to another two mines. At the entrance of another new 4X canyon we'll check out an old rock cabin before heading up the canyon to the mines.

From there we'll head across upper Green Rock Rd, which is a 4x road over to the Green Rock quarry site.

There will be plenty of good 4 wheelin and the new canyons will most likely engage those lockers.

This run will be family friendly and I'm sure kids will have fun.

Minimum Vehicle requirements:
33" tires and lockers.
Bring a lunch and other things for a day in the desert.

We'll meet at Camp Rock Rd & Hwy 247
Sat Jan 8th 9:00 a.m.
CB Channel 25

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
You should fix your first post MKJeepers - the date says 18th - not 8th.

cheers - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
717 Posts
still wont make it. Work and school.

I'll watch for the pics

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am in central cal. where is camprock and 247?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should fix your first post MKJeepers - the date says 18th - not 8th.

cheers - :cheers:

-
Thanks for catching that, the date is the 8th. my bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jeremy has called me out on my home group. im a maybe because of year end inventory possibly flowing into saturday. but ill text jeremy the night before to let him know (to let u know) if im showing up :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Thanks for catching that, the date is the 8th. my bad.
Went ahead and corrected for you. I would like to go, but need to make sure some maintenance/repair is done first.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went ahead and corrected for you. I would like to go, but need to make sure some maintenance/repair is done first.
Hope you're able to make it Tony.

I was doing a pre run out there today and found another 1/2 dozen mines, one of them I'll be adding to the run this Sat. There will be 4 major mines that are several hundred feet long and have a lot of wooden structures still inside.

This one will be added to the tour.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mike,
I had great time on the last tour. I will try to make it on this on.
-Brian

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm looking forward to the run tomorrow, the temp's will be in the 50's. Sorry to say there won't be any mud out there tomorrow:lol: but it'll still be fun.

Be sure to bring a good flashlight for the mines.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Thanks for the reminder! I will bring a few extra in case anyone forgets. How long do you think the whole run will last?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the reminder! I will bring a few extra in case anyone forgets. How long do you think the whole run will last?
I'm hoping to be airing up by 3:00pm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts