Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great run in Johnson Valley. Approx. 20 vehicles came out to check out some of the early 1900 mining sites and enjoy the Mojave Desert near Lucerne Valley.

The route was rated easy/moderate and there were no vehicle problems except for a Cherokee blowing a radiator hose, which was an easy fix.

We visited 4 of the notable mines in the area that have mine tunnels that go into the mountain several hundred of feet. Three of the sites still have rock cabins and other structures left from the mining days.

I think everyone had a great time and as promised we were back on the road by 4:00 pm. For a group this size things went very well.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
very cool pictures, I would just love to get to go to this place and check this out.. always loved the exploration side of wheelin... thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
It would be nice to see geocords of the mines if you have them so that other members can find them if they're out and about.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is interesting. I need to see more of the west coast. I've never been west of San Antonio TX .

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Ah, me loves checking out old man-made ruins. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The deserts of So Cal and Arizona have a lot of nice places to explore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have coordinates for this? If so can you shoot me a pm, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marcel

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry I haven't been on this site for a few weeks. No one took any GPS that I know of. The mines are on most topo maps and USGS maps. We just did a free for all route through Johnson Valley OHV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i was quading in Johnson valley last week. I would have loved to tag along with you guys. Im about 45 miles from there.

looks like you guys had fun, nice pics

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a great run in Johnson Valley. Approx. 20 vehicles came out to check out some of the early 1900 mining sites and enjoy the Mojave Desert near Lucerne Valley.

The route was rated easy/moderate and there were no vehicle problems except for a Cherokee blowing a radiator hose, which was an easy fix.

We visited 4 of the notable mines in the area that have mine tunnels that go into the mountain several hundred of feet. Three of the sites still have rock cabins and other structures left from the mining days.

Thanks for sharing here!

bookkeeping services

1 - 15 of 15 Posts