Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The meet up was like a freaking parking lot. Fortunately there were only 9 rigs on our run, the others were meeting up to do Mike Koher's JV mine tour. I think I counted 20 rigs on that run. :shock: That looked like a very long day, but they were in good spirits and eager to check out the old mines.
Our plan was to do a run through Johnson Valley hitting several different types of terrain along the way.

The first section of Bullfrog.

A section of Cakewalk.

I managed to get this nice little dent of the day. :rolleyes::)

From the Buttes we headed over towards Soggy Dry Lake to try and find Jon who was running a new trail in that area (Crowbar) with his Razor. There are 3 newer trails in that area. We stopped for lunch and while everyone ate I ran up the canyon and found Riffle Canyon trail, which looked like no joke.

We found the trail that Jon was running but there were no signs that enyone was around.

Headed towards Means and stopped to play at the dunes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't get any shots of the lakebed but there were already quite a few campers and tents up for KOTH. Saw this thingy.

It was a beautiful and fun day in the desert and great to see new and familiar faces. Made it back to Jon's for a perfect Johnson Valley sunset and some delicous burgers before heading back home.:)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Looks like fun! How'd you get your dent?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like fun! How'd you get your dent?
I was a bit too close to the rock on one section of the Cakewalk trail. I was leading and there was nobody there to spot me, as usual I got impatient and went for it. I also think that my FJ is magnetic to materials found in most rocks.:rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like you had a great adventure, too bad about the dent though.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Very nice pics E.

I like the hood ornament on that red Taco. :D

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Thanks for the pics e-rocker! Wish i had terrain like that around here.

Those fenders are bolt on i believe. Shouldn't be too hard of a DIY if you cared to.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wheeling out there is great. It's perfect! Great to have a friend like E-Rocker that will risk fenders to show the way for others. We need to show some appreciation and have a fender fundraiser. :rocker:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I picked up a replacement fender yesterday. Going to slap er' on this weekend (unpainted-primer black).:rocker: It's definately a blast out there, looking forward to TDS now which will most likely be the next outing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with benefit fender paint fundraiser. E-Rocker did a great job leading the pack across 30 miles of desert fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts