Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Joining the Trail Teams

3K views 40 replies 36 participants last post by  Fjamming 
#1 ·
I just wanted to share my exciting news with you all.

I was selected to join the Toyota Trail Teams! I will be traveling with the Central Team through October to off road and trail events and I'm so darn excited I can't stand it!

It's a great opportunity to travel, meet new people, talk about the FJ, Tundra and Tacoma and... most importantly, to get to meet a bunch you forum folks in person! My wife isn't thrilled about my being away for so long, but even she understands what a great adventure this will be.

I'm leaving tonight to join the Teams in Indiana for the Trail Teams Invitational #2 at The Badlands Off Road Park and then ... we head to Ouray!

See ya there! :wave:

#8 ·
Well, that's an interesting question. I was most recently a radio station Program Director and had been working in broadcasting full time since 1988. I recently decided that I wanted to do something else, so I quit my job and returned to school to become a paramedic, with the intent of becoming an EMS educator. And no, it wasn't a midlife crisis, just an interest in doing more with my life.

I've been wheeling for years and the Trail Teams was a great opportunity to get out and have some fun.

It turns out that my summer classes are available on line and I don't have to attend a physical class until the end of October, so I was free to hop on the road and go wheelin'!

#7 ·
Congrats you lucky son of a biscuit eater.

#18 ·
That's just what I was a thinkin'. :rocker:

As a member of the Sandstorm Brotherhood, I congratulate you. :clap:

#9 ·
Congrats Rob!

#12 ·
Congratulations, I'm envious. Make the best of the opportunity. DEWFPO

#13 ·
Congrats!!!:rocker::cheers: I sooooo wish I was part of the TT!:mecry:

#14 ·
that's great news for you,sounds like a great adventure.lucky dawg!

#15 ·
From one paramedic to another...take me with you!

Congrads and enjoy!

#19 ·
-

What a GREAT opportunity Rob -

Toyota is an awesome company to associated with -

To be paid by them to drive an FJ Cruiser - on or offroad - is a real good thing - and a tribute to you -

They would NOT pick just anyone -

Enjoy it -

-
:bigthumb:

-

#24 ·
Congrats Rob! What a wonderful opportunity!!!

See you in Ouray!

cheers,

dale

#26 ·
That's why I love being a member of this group... This brotherhood of FJ owners. You guys and gals are great! I'll see you on the trails. (I'm in the airport in Seattle now waiting to board my flight, posting from my blackberry!)

And yes, the Trail Teams gas expense is covered :).

#27 ·
Woodsman really wishes he could make it to the Badlands but too much work to do :( in order to make it to Ouray :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.