Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was away up Jersey city xmas day picking up my wifes friend when sitting at red light guy rammed us.
The car is 4 days old first time ive driven it over 2 miles.
Best part called the cops the guy saw them jumped in his car and tried to out run da police.
He got caught around the block has not had a licence from 2005 and had 2 pages of warrants.
Hes his car he tried to do a high speed escape in plus your brand new car doesnt even have tags yet.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Re: Joy with a 3 day old Pj Crusier xmas day fun.

Was away up Jersey city xmas day picking up my wifes friend when sitting at red light guy rammed us.
The car is 4 days old first time ive driven it over 2 miles.
Best part called the cops the guy saw them jumped in his car and tried to out run da police.
He got caught around the block has not had a licence from 2005 and had 2 pages of warrants.
Hes his car he tried to do a high speed escape in plus your brand new car doesnt even have tags yet.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4936/img0306hg.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8373/img0305dw.jpg
Well I hope everyones OK and being close to the holidays every nut job is on the road. I had to laugh at one thing you said when you stated it had never been driven over 2 miles. Used to live in Long Island. 2 miles could take 2 hours in traffic up there! But to make you feel some what better the same thing happened to me with my then brand new Subaru limited (12 hours new) at a red light. My incident wasnt as nearly exciting as yours- just a dumb lady who was kissing her dog and forgot to hit the brakes:rofl:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Damn, dude, that sucks! Sorry about the accident. But at least everyone is ok and it looks like the damage to your FJ wasn't too bad.

Similar thing happened to me. First new car I ever bought...a Mazda B2300 pickup...was sideswiped outside my work the day after I made my first payment. Not as bad as your story, but it sucked and pissed me off!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yota vs Yota. Isn't that the pits. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Looks like an excuse to get some kind of better bumper!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I had a 1990 Toy 4x4 pick up....Brand new off the lot. Had driven it for 2 days when a kid in a drive thru at McYucks decided he had to order something more so as he drives away from the speaker he throws it in reverse and backs into my new truck. Folded up the tailgate of his mothers year old Honda civic hatchback.....I got out cursing him and looked and honestly could not find a mark on my chrome bumper....But when his mom and dad arrived....lol...let's just say he was going to learn a valuable lesson

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Glad you guys were not hurt except for the p****sed off part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on the crash.
Thank god the insurance is paying out.
The guy that hit has plead not guilty to all charges i.e. he got bail i.e. he going to jump bail.
Still need to head up to court on 2nd of Feb so its a little day out at court.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Glad all is well with you guys! :cheers:

It's a shame you couldn't post his picture next to the Highlander! :ninja:

Mike :jester:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If he hides as well as he drives he is in for some serious sh%$! Glad all are OK and hope everything works out for the best. Upgrade the bumper.

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
Glad no one was hurt.

looks like the damage to your FJ wasn't too bad.

That is what I was thinking. The highlander def took most of the damage. The spare tire cover needed to go anyways. And for the rest of it I would guess if you did a black out no one would ever know you were hit. Well you'll have to replace the bottom valance, but now is a perfect time to add a hitch.

None-the-less, it sucks to have someone hit you and really sucks when it is a new vehicle. Hope all turns out well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts