Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous years, I've taken my family to either Dana Point (Marriott) or near Disney for the fireworks. Both of those places are extremely crowded. Dana Point can take an hour just to crawl out of the city. Where have you enjoyed a good firework show? I'm in Pomona but willing to travel a few miles for a good show. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The best local show that I've seen was at Laguna Hills. Sat in the park/fields at the community center at Alicia and Paseo De Valencia. They have some inflated slides and food vendors. It has a crowd, but probably not like Disney or Dana Point.

Lately, I just walk a block from my house and watch them at the Verizon wireless. My condo faces that way, and just going a block gives me a grassy field with clear views. It's not what I would call a GREAT show, and it is later, but it's cool that it is so close.... till the sprinklers come on. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, same question but SD area? I don't want to drive to the bay.
The bay? I heard they're not even putting one on this year due to budget.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
In the City of Corona, Santanna park @ Magnolia and Ontario. Free.:bandit:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might be too late to organize, but would be fun to have a casual picnic/gathering for the firework.

How's the show in Corona?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
How's the show in Corona?
Don't know. This will be the first free show. In the past it was at Corona high school and you had to pay to get in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thats the city of chula vista, they are still having it a shelter island seaport village, seaworld, theres mission bay, la jolla i want something more near my house like lake murray and they said they didnt get enough money short like 5 G's so who knows.
The bay? I heard they're not even putting one on this year due to budget.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Angel Stadium has the best show Ive seen, if your at the top of the stadium the blasts seem almost at eye level. Its lowest ive seen major fireworks launched. You get a game and fireworks , and if you stay at your car 30 min the slow crawl out of the lot is gone. And unlike a Laker game your stereo will still be in your car after the game. ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Huntington Beach started up again on the beach near the pier about three years ago, but the traffic is bad. We rode our bikes the past two years (only live about 1.5 miles from beach) and avoided the traffic. Show has been pretty good lasting about 30 minutes. Have fun!

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I have a neighborhood full of firemen...they have all the cool stuff, so I just pill up a chair and watch. Besides, from my rooftop I can see Los Alamitos AFRC show, Disneyland show and HB show.

·
Registered
371 Posts
We go to Catalina Island every year. The city puts on a nice show. Traffic isn't a problem. We mostly drive golf carts. The party we are a part of is just up from where the boats come in at the cart rental. We have a live band and BBQ and pot luck.

Regards, SSC

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
We go to Catalina Island every year. The city puts on a nice show. Traffic isn't a problem. We mostly drive golf carts. The party we are a part of is just up from where the boats come in at the cart rental. We have a live band and BBQ and pot luck.

Regards, SSC
The nice thing about Catalina is that once you've tied up to the can at Avalon, it's a party until you leave. Cat Harbor is a bit different but I like it there too. I had a 30' Sea Ray slipped at Alamitos Bay (slip 94/Spinnaker Bay) and we spent most of our spare time there. Yes, it's a great place to be. A friend let me use his can right off the Tuna Club and it was an easy swim (in any condition) from the beach to the boat. Worst case if I couldn't get a can, I'd throw a lunch hook out at Lover's Cove and take the Zodiac into the dock - night anchor in the lee of the cliff at White's.

X2 A great place for the Forth or anytime.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Got to luv the Island. Have a family place there for almost 40 years. Use to have a Uniflite and a small fishing boat. Have a small Harley club and a gun club. A great party town. I woke up in some strange places. Some day I'll relate the story of the swordfish that took out the harley that caused the dog to fall and the tourist to run.:lol:

Only at the Island, See my avat,

Regards, SSC

1 - 20 of 39 Posts