Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hello, I could use some general help (with no jokes, please)::confused:

I just saw the FJ at the San Diego Car Show, and it looks great. I am interested in the 4x4 automatic. I don't know much about SUVs, I will be driving it 95% locally, and ocassionally in the sierras, but not up boulders, etc.. I have some basic questions:

First: the packages. There is the convenience package (listed for $1,840) and the upgrade 1 (listed for $2,580) and upgrade 2 (which I don't know the list price).

They say you need the convenience package to get the upgrades 1 & 2.

Does that mean you pay for the convenience package and the upgrade?

Or is the convenience package price included in the upgrade price?

Second: The upgrades 1 & 2. What is the price for # 1? What is the price for #2?

What is the difference in the two packages, besides the extra speaker in package # 2?

What is a rock rail?

What is a skid plate?

Are the extra lights I see pictured in the roof rack called the "Auxiliary Driving Lights?" or what are the called?

Does anyone have any idea about prices for the options?

Finally, from the high demand, are we able to order the options, or is it, "be happy to get whatever is available?"

:) THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!:)

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
a rock rail is a rail used in the construction of the US railway system. due to amtrack modernization policies "old west" rails have had to be replaced. Instead of throwing these "antiques of America's building blocks" away Toyota is offering us the opportunity to own a piece of history: these historic rails will only be availiable on 2007 FJ models and are a dealer-install option. They fit around the back center headrest of the FJ allowing the rear middle passenger a "trip through time" as you navigate rocks, swining his/her torso back and forth. Every time one hears the "ding" of the passgengers head against the rock rail a bonus point is added to one's total tracked at Toyota headquarters. When one sells his/her FJ the points can be used to purchase other toyota products or, as in is the case with CalFJ and Mappled*ck, pride and dignity that they've lost over the years.

Thank you Toyota. And thank you Manifest Destiny.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Brett said:
:confused: Hello, I could use some general help (with no jokes, please)::confused:

I just saw the FJ at the San Diego Car Show, and it looks great. I am interested in the 4x4 automatic. I don't know much about SUVs, I will be driving it 95% locally, and ocassionally in the sierras, but not up boulders, etc.. I have some basic questions:

First: the packages. There is the convenience package (listed for $1,840) and the upgrade 1 (listed for $2,580) and upgrade 2 (which I don't know the list price).

Or is the convenience package price included in the upgrade price?

Second: The upgrades 1 & 2. What is the price for # 1? What is the price for #2?

What is the difference in the two packages, besides the extra speaker in package # 2?

What is a rock rail?

What is a skid plate?

Are the extra lights I see pictured in the roof rack called the "Auxiliary Driving Lights?" or what are the called?

Does anyone have any idea about prices for the options?

Finally, from the high demand, are we able to order the options, or is it, "be happy to get whatever is available?"

air - you were an only child werent cha?

prices from memory:

convenience - 1840

upgrade - 2500 or so

to get upgrades you need to purchase convenience

in brief - rock rails and skid plates protect the undercarriage of your vehicle when offroading

option prices have not been released (supposed to be this week)

you will be happy to get what you get at this point - dealerships are taking orders, but the production flow will depend on your region - etc etc

most of these questions have been raised on other threads - search and you will find

·
Registered
963 Posts

Yes

Or is the convenience package price included in the upgrade price? No

Second: The upgrades 1 & 2. What is the price for # 1? What is the price for #2? Upgrade 1 + $60

What is the difference in the two packages, besides the extra speaker in package # 2? The extra speaker (subwoofer)

What is a rock rail? Protects body panels during rock climbing

What is a skid plate? Protects front undercarriage during off road driving

Are the extra lights I see pictured in the roof rack called the "Auxiliary Driving Lights?" or what are the called? No, the lights on the roof rack is the "wind deflector with driving lights" option.

Does anyone have any idea about prices for the options? We're supposed to have them this week.

Finally, from the high demand, are we able to order the options, or is it, "be happy to get whatever is available?" Sounds more like "you'll be lucky if you even get one in the first place".

- LC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Below is information on packages based on the Toyota Dealer Letter received by Toyota dealers on Jan. 4, 2006.

Convenience Package: $1,840
Power Outside Rear View Mirror w/ illuminated lamp
Daytime running light
Steering wheel mounted cruise control
Rear clearance sonar
Privacy rear glass
Keyless entry
Rear intermittent windo wiper

Updgrade Package (UP): $2,560 w/ 8 speakers, +$60 w/ 9 speakers
17" Aluminum wheels and spare tire
Color-keyed door trim panel
Metallic color shift lever
Traction control (4x4 only, LSD for 4x2)
Leather steering wheel with audio controls
Multi-info display computer
Rear differential lock
2-in-1 audio with 6-disc CD changer with tweeters (8 spkrs) or with tweeters and subwoofer (9 spkrs)

Other accessories such as roof rack, rock rails, tow hitch, etc. are to be purchased and installed at dealer level.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
toyota homie said:
can you get a wind deflector and lights with a fixed roof rack?
Uhmmm, yeah. That's what it is built for. It's the front portion of the rack, the little sloped thingie with two lights in it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i noticed that there's the wind deflector with off road lights. and there's also some auxilary lights. i would assume they are the same ones pictured on the brush guard shown at sema. can anyone else confirm this. another odd accessory is two alloy wheels with center caps. why just 2 instead of 5.

·
Registered
552 Posts
yoyoyo said:
i noticed that there's the wind deflector with off road lights. and there's also some auxiliary lights. i would assume they are the same ones pictured on the brush guard shown at sema. can anyone else confirm this. another odd accessory is two alloy wheels with center caps. why just 2 instead of 5.
The off road lights are on the roof and the aux lights are on the bumper/ brush guard. 2 Main lights, 2 roof, 2 brush guard what are your planning on doing? Anyways hope this helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Brett said:

Glad to hear from another SD local, FYI at the LA show you can get inside the FJ. Anyways if you PM I can recommend a few dealers in town, the one I'm going with might be more busy than you want. There are a few in town that have no deposits yet:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Percy said:
Uhmmm, yeah. That's what it is built for. It's the front portion of the rack, the little sloped thingie with two lights in it.
ok thanks got confused there:D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Welcome Brett but geez, no jokes? That's a tall order around here. Scary thing is air truely believes in what we think is just his joking around.

Sure could use a nubie section around her for questions like Brett's, if there was some way of segregating air types from it. Better yet a consolidated FAQ, thus less fodder for air time. Didn't Spike Strip say he was working on that? There's so many threads now and some much info scattered hither dale and yonder, plus I still can't get much out of the Search function. Hey maybe we could just lock up some of these characters in one thread and let them clown themselves to sleep? I'd volunteer to moderate that. I used to teach special ed and now I manage s/w developers, so I know clowns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yoyoyo said:
another odd accessory is two alloy wheels with center caps. why just 2 instead of 5.
Those are for the 4x2 that Roosterdo drew up for us. I'm planning on getting the 6-wheeler, as the two extra wheels may help my rear passengers get in and out. Plus, it should do great in the sand and snow. Should scare the neighbors, too.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
what the funk, Pancho?! I thought you liked me! Why am I so abused on this damn site?! I never did no harm, people! You all are animals. Merciless, Bush-loving animals.

How can you not expect me to joke when I see the "Hi, first time caller, what's an FJ?" question when we've been at this for months?! And, no disrespect to Brett (welcome, btw), but I'm guessing that, were I not the one to bring this up, most of you would agree that the FJ is not targeted at people who don't know what rock rails are.

Punks.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
air said:
what the funk, Pancho?! I thought you liked me! Why am I so abused on this damn site?! I never did no harm, people! You all are animals. Merciless, Bush-loving animals.

How can you not expect me to joke when I see the "Hi, first time caller, what's an FJ?" question when we've been at this for months?! And, no disrespect to Brett (welcome, btw), but I'm guessing that, were I not the one to bring this up, most of you would agree that the FJ is not targeted at people who don't know what rock rails are.

Punks.
rolling........rolling........do you know slo???

i believe ive stated on another thread - im not for bush - i like it clean shaven - at least a fine trim - i only use toothpicks for food.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
All joking aside... if you have to ask what rock rails are, buy the element.

Air... you are a punk. But we love ya anyway... honestly, just try to be a little less of a smartass with the newby's. You were a newby once to... FNG.

Try actually answering some of their questions and they will turn to you for advice, instead of hassling you and perpetuating hostility. We could have shut this thread down after one response if you had applied yourself.

YES, we still love you. NO that doesn't mean you have free reign to torment new people.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I never voted for 43 btw. I did vote for 41 the first time.
So did Brett get all his questions asked?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Herky said:
Those are for the 4x2 that Roosterdo drew up for us. I'm planning on getting the 6-wheeler, as the two extra wheels may help my rear passengers get in and out. Plus, it should do great in the sand and snow. Should scare the neighbors, too.
2 funny. hey if you're interested i got a bridge in brooklyn for sale. who's the most gullable.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts