Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will try to keep this fast and simple. Pictures below. I have a 2010 and needing some new tires and wondering if I should lift (if not already) and then get the biggest tires I can.
Will state that my rims are 16", if it matters. Center Hub to fender is 22.75 in. Ground to fender 36.5 in. The shocks from research come with the offroad package so thinking no lift? But hub to fender is higher than reading is stock? Hope the pics help. Thanks

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Drinkware Gas Font Metal Natural material
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Mode of transport Wood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
762 Posts
First- welcome from Vancouver, BC! It doesn't look like it's lifted to me- the bottom of the rocker panel below the door is just above the centers of the wheel hubs and those look like factory Bilsteins. And yes, the front does look like it's a little higher than normal- maybe because of the Bilsteins? A popular upgrade for tires is to step up to 285/75-16's (33's vs the stock 31 1/2's or 32's). With a 2-3" suspension lift you can go bigger 34's or even 35's, but the latter will certainly take extra work. Also- count on aftermarket upper control arms to get alignment specs back to stock with that much lift. They will enable the tech to move the front wheels forward to clear the body mount and still be able to dial in enough caster to drive well (and be safe) at highway speeds.
Hope this helps. Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Use the forum a lot and seem to get answers and no need to post. This subject and what I was measuring, I just couldn't find certainty.

Maybe I will just get the bigger tires. Will take a look at some options as I don't really need to get super crazy. My tires just look so small to me haha.

Don't intend to do hard-core off roading we shall call it.. might just go for tires, think about the lift later and then when tire time comes around again, see what happens.

·
Registered
253 Posts
:unsure: I'm guessing aftermarket front springs. Looks pretty level, not ass high like stock stance. What does your rear measure? Mine was 1.5 inches higher than the front with stock suspension, from the ground to the fender. Not sure how your flares compair to OEM, maybe it's an optical illusion but the front looks higher to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is 1 inch hire in the back. Now that I am measuring off cement its 36 and 37".

So 285/75/16 will fit? Seen some say possible modifications may need to be done.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well..... after years of reading these same threads, the most common answer is, maybe. Put your front driver or passenger side tire up on a curb to compress the suspension a bit, turn your wheel all the way to that side, look at the clearance between your tire and body mount. If you have 1" + your probably good. If not a body mount chop is fairly cheap, or easy diy.

·
Registered
2014 TTUE & 2012TT
1,760 Posts
Mine is 1 inch hire in the back. Now that I am measuring off cement its 36 and 37".

So 285/75/16 will fit? Seen some say possible modifications may need to be done.
My 2012 TT (all stock), fits 285/75/16 K02, 0 problems, no rubs, no mods at all. Love it

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts