Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i just got back from Design Los Angeles, at the LA Auto Show, here are the FJ facts:
1. The plastics have finally been finished. They have a nice texture, and some "touch areas" like the door panels and the dash have a dimpled/rubberized texture. they look great...its kinda like the Element's textures.

2. 3 models on display, Blue, Silver, green mockup...get over it!

3. I was at the LA show for 13 hours today, i spent time milling around listening to people and their reactions to our FJ...very interesting.
a. Soccer Moms... "oh its so cute", but once they attempted to place junior in the tight back seat, "Cmon, lets go look at the Highlanders" ...SCORE!
b. Business Suit types..."it looks like a Honda Element"...SCORE! (they just dont get it).
c. 13 year old boy quote of the day.... "Mom, it has a compass, its for offroad... you can't get one" ...SCORE!
d. 30 something athletic dudes... "this thing rules, I'm getting one"....SCORE!

This is the 6th time i've seen the FJ in person, for those of you who haven't seen it yet.....it is frickin awesome.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
did they let you hop inside?

is the backseat really that tight? or just too tight for a soccer mom

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
....sounds like you're allowed to climb in and on and thru and......you get what I'm asking.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caliFJ said:
did they let you hop inside?

is the backseat really that tight? or just too tight for a soccer mom

Hell yeah, I was in and out of it all day!
The back seat isn't that tight, but it ain't great for kids either. I had plenty of room in the back seat, with my colleague in the front seat.

NOTE TO TALL GUYS:
I noticed today that there is an unusual amount of driver legroom (i'm 6'). I normally slide the drivers seat all the way back out of habit, but in the FJ I had to move it up a little to reach the pedals....

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
are you still 25th on the list or have you moved up?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EJR said:
are you still 25th on the list or have you moved up?
I'm leaning toward postponing my delivery, my dealer says he can get me all the options I want, but it will take 3 extra months....I'm a real stickler for my options.

Ernie, are you headed to the LA show?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Was hoping to make it Saturday, but doesn't look like it, how long does it run?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sidebar:

I had another "only on LA" moment tonight at the show... because I was there for VIP night, within a total of 5 minutes I bumped into: Comedian Adam Corolla, Action hero Sly Stallone and Rockstar Gene Simmons from KISS... none by the FJ...thank god.

All my bro's in LA will agree: when the celebs start showing up, its time to leave... (its kinda like when you have a great party and it gets crashed by that total loser from work...).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EJR said:
Was hoping to make it Saturday, but doesn't look like it, how long does it run?
its on for over a week. I was lucky enough to be there for work.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'll probably hit it next week, during the week when the crowds are down.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mappelman said:
Do we all get to ride/sit in the FJ or was that a VIP only thing. The San Diego show was a look don't touch setup.
Get on the Freeway bud, its open for everybody, especially you!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
cheazhd said:
Hell yeah, I was in and out of it all day!
The back seat isn't that tight, but it ain't great for kids either. I had plenty of room in the back seat, with my colleague in the front seat.

NOTE TO TALL GUYS:
I noticed today that there is an unusual amount of driver legroom (i'm 6'). I normally slide the drivers seat all the way back out of habit, but in the FJ I had to move it up a little to reach the pedals....
i got a 3/6 yr old, so just booster seats, i imagine they'll be alright in there.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They'll be alright because you're the dad and you SAID SO!

Nuff said.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn, I am jealous. The Denver show isn't until March 29th. But if all goes well, I won't have to wait until the show to see it, I can drive my FJC to the show. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Take your FJ to the show and charge for test drives around the lot. If that was an option today I bet hmmm 99% of us would pay a few bucks to drive it around. Down the road we will be over it but it is still in that untouchable can't have it state. Err hmmm off to LA LA LAND!!!! FYI if you didn't see the link watch the video MSN made about the FJ very good and I read the think and missed the video, thanks for some posts I went back and watch it ohhhhh that rocks look at it bound over rocks like a ummm I dunno I can't see a jeep doing that SFA or not.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/dw.htm?p=03&g=aa85bd59-3bf7-4613-b09d-7d5998241854&m=us&pl=

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Oh how I LOVE reading old old threads like this one ... from the time before the FJ's became available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts