Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need help in the body-repairing area. just bought my new fj after a lot of effort and the more i dig into it the more i see that it really needs some work.

it's a 2007 model and i'm the third owner. starting from the very basic statement that i know nothing of cars, i've been repairing cosmetics so far. for as long as i can see the first owner loved to take it offroad, you can see the dents and war scars on it. then, the second owner was a single mom of two so you can add some more cosmetics imperfections to it but overall she kept it in a good shape.

now, i just want to have it as good as i can and i've been searching for tutorials and parts diagrams to get what i need to retrieve it to original state. so as for now i've:

-bought access covers of the cargo area that have been missed.
-bought the all weather mats that, by the way, came crazy expensive
-bought the mats holder hooks
-services, armor all and stuff.

so now i'm down to repair some body parts in the front. i can now see the car was definetely crashed at some point. someone tried to fix it but no with a very good hand. the front grille was missing some clips that i already found on amazon and some covers of the right side of the body also needs fixing. but the thing that has me more obsessed right now is the air inlet grille.

i have no idea how to fix the damn thing to the hood. i've seen diagrams but they are not very clear, and all the pictures i've found don't really explain how is it fixed.
in the rear i can see two type of clips, orange and blue those are ordered already, waiting to arive.
but i also see some bolts that are incrusted in some sort of clip and goes through the hood and fixes with a cap nut. i can't find the part number of either of them but the questions is, how it the bolt fixed to the grille? glued? assembled? it comes as-is from the OEM? the grille only has the two of the ends but i'm missing like 4 or 5. I think this is the key cause air is going to get thru it and it will strip it apart.

please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok here they are.
there is a picture if the nut that I was talking about, and the holes where there are no nut.
also, in the left part I can see another kind of screw, this might have been done as a very non-OEM way to fix the grille.

anyway... could you please advice?
on the other end I have identified the clips as the ones attached, those are ordered

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
The nut cap is 90176-05008 and according to my system, it says that you will need 10. The only other two clips are 75395-35070 and 75396-35020. In your picture, you also appear to be missing the seal and clips. In total, here are your part numbers that you would need:

90176-05008 X10
53381-35070
90467-08011-83 X8

If you send me your email address, I can send you a copy of our diagram. It shows where everything goes as well as the part numbers and part number changes.

Micah

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it. thanks so much... but where goes the nut?
said in a different way. even if I buy the nuts, where do I fix them to? I don't have bolts

·
Registered
713 Posts
got it. thanks so much... but where goes the nut?
said in a different way. even if I buy the nuts, where do I fix them to? I don't have bolts
Unfortunately the diagram doesn't show what is under it. Have you tried removing your existing one to see what is under it? The screws/studs may be broken off of the inlet garnish.

Micah

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately the diagram doesn't show what is under it. Have you tried removing your existing one to see what is under it? The screws/studs may be broken off of the inlet garnish.

Micah
there're screws through some holes and some holes are empty
so, they come with the air inlet grille? do I need to purchase the entire sub-assy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts