Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lurking here doing research and finding out if there were any drawbacks or problems with the FJ... and haven't really found any.

I've always liked the look and since I recently had to get a new vehicle, and had a big check from insurance to spend... I went ahead and bit the bullet on Saturday at Toyota of Dallas.

There was a member or the Texas forums there and I'd like to thank him for his encouraging words. Hope to meet him and others at the next meetup in Grapevine.

BTW: I need some advice on first mods to perform!!!
I'm starting with black door handles since that seems to be quick and easy, but I want to know what BIG ticket items I should plan for.
Lift?
Tires?
Bumper?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Howdy! Congratulations, hope to meet you soon as well.
-Greg

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig!.....:cheers:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the Texas crew! I think on the 4x4 thread there is a sticky for the first $2000.00 to spend, look at that first. If your just going to use it as a mall crawler then look at cosmetic items, if your going to use it the way it is intended then check out that sticky. Hope to see you on a trail somewhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
welcome! personally i went for performance first. TRD CAI and cat-back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forums and the Texas crew! I think on the 4x4 thread there is a sticky for the first $2000.00 to spend, look at that first. If your just going to use it as a mall crawler then look at cosmetic items, if your going to use it the way it is intended then check out that sticky. Hope to see you on a trail somewhere.
Perfect! that's what I'm looking for Sarge!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Welcome, Jacque and Barb at TRDParts4u, located in TOD can help you out with parts, great peeps and great source.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The Meet & Greets are a good place to see other FJ's that have been modified (some extensively) and talk to the folks that own them to see what's in store for you when you decide which way you want to proceed. Experience is always the best teacher and it's relatively easy to find people happy to talk about their experiences upgrading their FJ's.

Jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey bobloblaw, great to see you on the forum. i was the one you met there on sat. hope you are enjoying your new fj.
kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts