Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 years of wanting, I finally got my FJ. Picked up a blue 07 with 44,000 miles and a few nice mods done already. The previous owner put 17in wheels with Cooper Discoverer 33x12.5 stt tires, also not sure what type of lift but looks to be 2in lift, K&n intake and what I can guess is a Trd catback system. The rig was well kept. Can't wait to take it off road.

I bought it last Saturday and my only complaint is that on first fill up only got roughly 200 miles on the tank. Filled up again today and going to track more accurately, after reading the thermostat thread I might look into that as well.

Also I was thinking of down sizing the tires, there a little more aggressive than I need, any suggestions on something that still has ruggedness and good overall commuter tires? I really like the Coopers but might need to sacrifice looks for practicality.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to hitting the trails this summer,

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Congrats on the FJ. There are a lot of good tires out there. I've really like my BFG AT KO's. Good for the off road I do and good on road.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the FJ family!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a '07 FJ a few weeks ago and took it out yesterday to Hollister Hills SVRA for the Esprit De Four safety clinic. Had a great time running through some of the obstacles and trails with great instructors and spotters. The FJ did a great job.

There were 4 FJs present, along with dozens of Jeeps and a variety of other vehicles (mostly other Toyota 4x4s such as Highlanders and Tacomas). The FJs were all stock, with the other vehicles ranging from stock to wildly customized.

The class was a great way to try out the FJ and it's various features such as A-Trak and the rear lockers. I am very impressed by the power of the vehicle and it's ability to power through situations while feeling very safe.

Can't wait for a bit more Sierra snow to melt so I can take it up for some more fun!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts