21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the club :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the site, I lurked this site so hard before I bought my FJ. I think I read every thread, and it really helped my buying decision, and to know what to look for.

I bought a 2008 sandstorm 4x4 with I think all the options on it. It's 4x4 automatic, locker, atrac, fjammer, side steps, factory brush guard, etc.

I had my heart set on an '08 trail team edition but when I went to test drive this guy had RUINED it. He put a suede headliner, a huge memphis audio system that sounded like garbage, and the amps had a hum. He painted the bumpers white and even the mudflaps.. who has white mud flaps?

I walked on the deal, there was too much wrong with it too from broken trim pieces and rusted window sills etc.

I went and saw this sandstorm and it was very clean. The dealer said the guy was 60 and traded it in on a chevy ssr. I doubt he ever took it offroad.

Mine has a few issues like the cracked drivers side arm rest, the brush guard is missing some bolts and wobbly. I'm not sure if they rusted or fell out, but i'm going to go to the hardware store and replace them. It has a bit of paint peeling on the silver bumper wings so I might replace, or order the blackout kit.
That made me laugh! You'll fit in here well!:bigthumb:

The Houston crowd does get together on the 1st Thursday every month usually at the Petro Station but it has moved around.

You could lose the brush gaurd since it really doesnt benitfit you off road or just pick up some new bolts at Sears. Like others have said- repainting the wings is an easy mod and really makes those Sandstrom FJ's look mean!

Welcome:cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
thanks guys. I got the screws to fix the brush guard at home depot, easy fix and now it's solid.

I did the plastidip yesterday and it came out great. I spent a ton of time worrying about masking off and if I had to do it again I wouldn't worry about it.. the over spray blends in perfectly with the bumpers, it's just a different texture, no big deal. any overspray on the painted body cleans right up with a rag and wd40. really cool stuff!

I'm think next I'm going to order some hella 500's and the factory fog switch from trdparts4u.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hello and welcome. Nice clean FJ you got there - let the mods begin! Hope to see you at the next HHH meet-up. :wave:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
welcome

21 - 34 of 34 Posts