Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
64. Bought my 2010TT on Memorial Day in 2013 with 57K. It now has 116K and runs like a champ. It's a daily driver that hasn't seen trail use, but hopefully some day will take it to the UP for some backwoods exploring. Used to own a '92 GMC Jimmy that I bought new in '92. Started rusting in 4 years. Moved up to a '98 Blazer with the ZR2 package that I ordered from a dealership. Also bought that new. It ended up getting totaled. Then we bought a '06 Jeep Liberty brand new off the lot. It's on its 3rd engine with around 70K on the body, 30K on the 3rd engine. That was the reason to get the FJ, but since the wife loves the Jeep we decided to keep it and maintain it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What age group of folks own a FJ? I own a 2009. I am 66 years old and a previous owner of a 1965 and 1971 FJ40 which I wheeled in for over 25 years.
I'm 76 and still wheelin'. I had a 1969 FJ40 that I drove all over the Southwest US and the Baja Peninsula. After the kids came along, I got an FJ55 with every modification that Manafre sold and continued what we called expedition camping (which I guess is now called Overlanding) throughout the West and Baja, until it became too dangerous. Should have never sold either one of them. I've now got a 2008 FJ Cruiser. Not the same as an FJ40, but a LOT more comfortable. I did quit sleeping on the ground, though...I'm in the Pacific Northwest and looking for some folks to go out with.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Early 50’s. I was introduced to wheelin’ 30 years ago by a buddy with a rusted-out Toyota pickup. He had rolled it, the exhaust had holes, the headlights were not as bright as my mirror lights, but that truck would go anywhere. I’ve wanted a Toyota 4x4 since then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What age group of folks own a FJ? I own a 2009. I am 66 years old and a previous owner of a 1965 and 1971 FJ40 which I wheeled in for over 25 years.
I drive a 2007 FJ cruiser and have a 1974 TLC which I have owned since 1975. Its nice to own both the grandfather and grandson of the FJ family. I am 68.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be 54 soon. I bought my FJ brand new SE in 2010 and It's been my tough beast through thick and thin as it jumped from one country to another, i.e., Vietnam, Marshal Islands, Italy, France and Morocco. It has been through a lot of adventures indeed and still going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m 74. Owned a 2010 automatic, now drive a 2011 stick

Reactions: Marklee

·
Vendor
56 Posts
We specialize in selling FJs out in UT. We get all kinds of buyers! Most typically fall into one of a few groups:
  • People that think they are cool and want one as daily driver
  • Outdoor enthusiasts who want access to backcountry
  • Collectors who want to own one for their collection (low mileage TT usually)
  • People who used to own one and sold it and regret it and/or people who owned one, had a bad accident and the car saved their life and they want another.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,199 Posts
48 now, 34 when I bought my FJC.

·
Registered
2007, purchased in July, 2006, the first shipped to my Arizona dealer, an original w/o mods.
7 Posts
70 years --Bought my 2007 in 8/1/06 before it was dellivered (sight unseen, no choice of style or color) to my Toyota Dealer in SE Arizona. No mods but had it restored a couple months ago. It looks new again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
62, I owned Jeeps and Nissans before (yuk)

Reactions: Marklee and maj0605

·
Desert Moderator
6,640 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
41, bought mine at 40. Was a one owner trade in maintained every 3k miles at a local Toy dealership. I was looking to dump my '19 TRD Tacoma and the Mntc records drew me in on this vehicle. Once I drove it, something hit me. I actually left the dealership after the test drive and called them 2 days later & told them I'd like another test drive, all she wrote! ;) IMG_20200509_104408.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
30, got my FJ 2 yrs ago with 47k miles, now it has 71k. I'll probably keep it forever. My first experience was driving my parents' FJ back in '07. Also have a GX470.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts