Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Just curious?

15K views 97 replies 93 participants last post by  Cactusman 
#1 ·
What age group of folks own a FJ? I own a 2009. I am 66 years old and a previous owner of a 1965 and 1971 FJ40 which I wheeled in for over 25 years.

#2 ·
Probably all age group. I'm 39.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I am 41. My buddy had an older Bronco when we were in high school. Always loved it. Not super old. Think it was a mid 70's 73-77ish. We had a great time in that and it did nothing except go where we asked it to as stupid kids.
Our best friends in Puerto Rico have an early one. Think it is 66-68. He had it restored and it has the top all chopped etc. Looks pretty much like an older Heep. Great fun to take out and go on chinchorros. Completely utilitarian.
This is the reason I was drawn to the FJ. Never had the time or money to work on something myself, but if I am going to, start simple. Love the look, the style, the fact it does what you ask and doesn't try to be something else. It is a great, reliable, solid, no nonsense daily driver that will get you to work in any conditions.
I Love it for what it is.

#6 ·
63 now, 57 when I bought my 2014 FJ - 1st new car I've ever owned. I hope to keep it until the end.

#8 ·
I'm 60 and my past off road experience was in a 62 Impala with my now wife. First purchased car was a 67 Fastback Mustang in 1979 for $2,400, first new car purchase at age 44 was a SVT Focus, what a blast. Just bought my FJ 3 months ago and can't wait to get out and about. Might get that long road trip soon with layoff's a coming..

#12 ·
74 years young. First Toyota was a 62 series Land Cruiser. Followed that with 2 different 80 series Land Cruisers. Got my FJ in March of 2006 when they first came out. Still have it (it's been SAS'd) and it's a dedicated offroad vehicle now. Have a 2013 4-Runner Trail Edition that's my daily driver. Had the good fortune to meet and wheel with most of the Trail Teams guys in the early days. It's been fun to see the community grow over the years. Got to know all the guys that put on the first Summit and am still good friends with most of them.

#14 ·
54, owned my FJ a year-and-a-half. Bought my fist Toyota (4Runner) at 32

I guess we’re an old bunch. Unless the younger don’t bother replying to these kinds of things, or frequenting anything outside Twitter and Snapchat 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Dan

#16 ·
39, here! Purchase the FJ back in 2013...7 years strong! :)

#17 ·
Purchased my 07 a year and a half ago at 58. Drove prototype FJC in 06 and have a scale model signed by the head engineer (head over 500 engineers in FJC development.)

Drove a much modified BJ70 for 20+ years.
Sold it in 08 and regretted it ever since.

Loving the FJ as a Dailey and trying not to modify it beyond ruining it as a daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.