Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be honest, my wife and I were desperate for a new SUV because our piece-of-crap Land Rover Discovery bit the dust. I always liked the look of the FJ, and found one at my local dealer who gave me a good price and I bought it right there without more than about a few hours of thought.

However, it doesn't have a white roof...isn't that weird? It's Army Green on top and bottom and is also a manual stick shift (which I love). It has black steel wheels which I am not sure I like, but again...the price was right.

The sales guy at the dealership told me it was a special edition, but I'm not sure he's right. It certainly is not a TRD version....

Can any of you FJ pros tell me what I bought!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
U.S. package 3. The FJC NSSE unofficially. There are a few threads about them.

Long story short, they were intended to be Trails Team Special Editions, but were not built correctly.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Congrats, you are the proud new owner of the NSSE FJ. The NSSE stands for Not So Special Edition. The all Army Green FJ's for 2011 were originally going to be the Trail Teams Edition, but when they were being assembled the guys at Toyota forgot to put the upgraded Bilstein shocks, the multi gauge dash cluster, and the 110volt plug in the cargo area.....so ta da, the boys at Toyota decided to release these "misprints" as Upgrade package #3, I believe.

Either way you look at it, you got a very cool vehicle, with a fun story behind it. And from what I've been told, they are only going to make 485 of the NSSE's and of those only 18 are going to be in a manual transmission.....my girlfriend has one of them.

Have fun and welcome!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@maxfj -- Thanks for the info!! That's hillarious. I paid $28,250 for mine...sounds like may not have been a good deal, but I still think think it is cool as hell.

It does have the roof rack...and I'll be honest the the better shocks and 120 volt outlet would be cool, but I can't say I am missing it.

The multi gauge dash cluster would be awesome though....any way to put that in after-market?!!?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I posted on your thread about the gauge cluster...not sure. And you got a pretty darn good price if you ask me. My girlfriend payed about $31,500, hers came with the roof top air dam, front bumper lights, and rock rails. I personally would rather take a few grand off the price rather than have those options, but she is an instant gratification type:lol:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
At $28,500 you got a pretty decent deal - now go get it dirty and post some damned pics! LOL

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics shall be forthcoming on Monday when I pick it up. Planning on adding rock-rails and possibly the bumper lights. NSSE....still cracking up about this...

I'm really glad I didn't know what I was buying or else I wouldn't have pushed so hard on price!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
What do you mean "not built correctly"???!!!!
Sorry, was using my phone! These guys pretty much covered it. That is a really cool rig, you won't be disappointed.

I don't see in your profile where you are located, but look for your local club to hook up with!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the NSSE club!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the buy and Welcome to the forums!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Too funny. I was wondering what "NSSE" stood for, and found the answer in this thread... :jester:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i have a great friend who is looking for something like this. congrats and welcome, if you can come, bring it to the summit. take care and have fun

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome and congrats! The NSSE designation we give your truck is ironic, as was mentioned above. It could end up being the most special (rare) edition of all. Cool truck, you'll love it!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome. Some guys have all the luck!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
@maxfj -- Thanks for the info!! That's hillarious. I paid $28,250 for mine...sounds like may not have been a good deal, but I still think think it is cool as hell.

It does have the roof rack...and I'll be honest the the better shocks and 120 volt outlet would be cool, but I can't say I am missing it.

The multi gauge dash cluster would be awesome though....any way to put that in after-market?!!?
Actually quite a deal on that! I paid more for mine that is probably similarly optioned and also a manual transmission. :-( I actually drove both and of course wanted the monochrome and the Not-So-Special-ness of the NSSE (lol), but I also preferred the uncluttered dash w/o the ball thingy. These things don't really have the greatest visibility, and with a tall car seat in the center seat in back, my field of vision is further reduced. So not being more boxed in, which is how the gauge cluster made me feel, is better for me.

What state are you in?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts