Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have been shopping for an unlimited jeep wrangler and got sick of the "the sticker price is the price"

had one that I liked and got t hem down about $1200 but they wanted to stick me with 7% finance rate..so I said I was going to my bank and it sold while I was at the bank..lol

I remembered I test drove a fj and went to the dealer and got an ok deal on a 2007 voodoo blue with roof rack and the standard black wheels which I like.

I do miss the idea of the roof coming off of the unlimited but the FJ has a much nicer interior and oomph under the hood

I traded in a 2006 pontiac solstice with 7k miles on it so this is a big change for me.

I was not going to do the FJ until I saw the bulletin on the use of regular gas is ok.

I now have to read as much as I can here and learn about the FJ (been on all the jeep forums)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to a GREAT forum!! This place will show you everything u'll wanna do to the FJ to fit YOUR style. Cant wait to see your pics!!

CONGRATS!!:bananahump-slvrathl

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Congrats on your FJ, I test drove a Jeep too, but it felt too flimsy next to the FJ. For sure the Toyota is a more practical/comfortable daily driver than the Jeep, and an awesome off-roader.

Good luck on weeding through the massive amount of information on this forum. You will find a lot of info that my worry you, but don't mind, just enjoy your FJ.

I did the opposite of you and started reading this forum before I purchase an FJ. I am still hoping to get my 08 model soon.

Welcome aboard.:program:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats on the new FJ. Hope you enjoy it. 33k on mine and still going strong. FJ gives you a little more room than the Solistice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome!

We just got a new Acura MDX on a lease. Wanted to get it local, however, wife gave up and dealt over the web. A dealer 50 +/- miles to the south beat everybody by $40.00 to $50.00 per month in the lease payment and also got her the color combo everyone else said didn't exist. And get this, they will deliver the car to our door. They pick it up with a loaner for all required service and pick it up four (4) times a year for normal service (oil changes) and hand wash the car and sweep out the interior, while still providing a loaner. Wow!

She considered a Volvo XC90. Went to our dealer where we have purchased 2 V70 Rs and still have them serviced there. They know me well! Would not budge on the capitalized lease number. Called across town, they beat them by $35 per month on the same truck. Pissed me off!

My wife ended up getting the MDX because she liked the last one and the new body style is beginning to grow on her. She didn't like it at first. She still hates the FJ. Oh well?????

Just don't like dealers who want to play games. I understand the math and know how to figure a lease. How can a national program go so bad?

Good luck with your new toy!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks all!! will try to post a pic soon:)

having too much fun driving it (and enjoying the space)

and now late night reading the forum!

·
Premium Member
16,453 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congrats and welcome! :grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! Good choice! Nice Ride! :D

I always liked the stock steelies as well ~ although I don't have 'em. Saving for some nice/wider/tougher/& hopefully lighter wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts