Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Pitcher Man
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have this problem? The driver side is .25 inches lower that the passenger. It has 6000k on it now but don't remember seeing it when i got it. got out the measuring stick and the suspension parts are all equal but the body is a quarter inch lower. When i had the dealer check it out all they said was it was with in the tolerance and nothing could be done. Any ideas? thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
It is the result of the battery, the gas tank and the driver being on the same side. Very common across several models/years of Toyotas. The good news! You correct this with an adjustable coil over suspension!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
It is the result of the battery, the gas tank and the driver being on the same side. Very common across several models/years of Toyotas. The good news! You correct this with an adjustable coil over suspension!
Ahmen brother! :lol:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
They all lean to the left...
Its a design feature.
It helps keep the FJ level with the camber of the road....
while driving in the right lane....

(The FJ was designed a Right Lane Vehicle.....)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There's been a few threads talking about this in the past, all offerring some very interesting explainations. This is a new (and interesting, too!) one to add to the mystery:

They all lean to the left...
Its a design feature.
It helps keep the FJ level with the camber of the road....
while driving in the right lane....

(The FJ was designed a Right Lane Vehicle.....)

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
That will help the front, and you can use trim-packers (shims for the coils in the rear. But keep in mind increasing the preloadof the coilover to increase the height will firm up the ride more on one side than the other as well.

Or, just beat the crap out of the right side off-roading it !!! Voila - level !!!

In reality, 1/4" is below the tolerance for any new vehicle, and is nothing to worry about, and should be barely visible w/o a tape...I'd leave it alone...

·
The Pitcher Man
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. I have already tried the beat the crap method. i think i have to beat a little harder.....
as far as what does it hurt. want to make sure nothing is wrong since i did beat it once and yes i can tell. been wheeling a long time and i am a professional Photographer and Graphic artist so anything off tilt is noticable. Guess i will to get a fat chick sticker and wish for the best. thanks for the feedback. oh and don't tell the wife.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
How much you weigh?

LOL - That's probably a valid question. A good rule of thumb is: If you need a hoveround when you're out of the FJ, you may want to consider cutting your twinkie intake in half. Otherwise, just mate with Fatzilla and that'll balance 'er out fine. :lol:

Seriously though Redcreeper, I know what you mean - I tend to notice little things like that too. When I read this, I went and measured mine. Luckily, mine is even up.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Anybody have this problem? The driver side is .25 inches lower that the passenger. It has 6000k on it now but don't remember seeing it when i got it. got out the measuring stick and the suspension parts are all equal but the body is a quarter inch lower. When i had the dealer check it out all they said was it was with in the tolerance and nothing could be done. Any ideas? thanks.
Wow!, a whole 1/4"? I'd trade it in. JK. Welcome to obsession. :wave:

·
The Pitcher Man
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not an Obsession just want to make sure for something you spend this much money on that nothing is wrong and the Dealership is not giving me the yank around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts