Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

After a couple of months of thinking about it, I finally broke down and got my All White 2008 TT FJ... This thing is awesome... Great Truck!

I have a couple of questions... What ways have worked the best to increase Horsepower...? Intake, Chip, etc... I don’t know much about moding trucks...

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Cheap and quick: intakes (such as the TRD cold air intake) and exhaust (such as catback, headers, y-pipes...)
These add anywhere from 0-15hp.

Expensive and big gains: supercharger
TRD makes one that keeps the warranty and adds about 60hp i think. URD makes one that is a lot better/newer technology. Spincycle (member name) runs this s/c.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Congrats on getting a TT. That was a quick purchase since your intereset in the TRD. you get a few more standard options on the TT compaired to the TRD, so that's a good thing.

CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust, regearing, and chips can all help. you already have a performance exhaust on your TT, so you can add any combination of the others. some items are more controversial than others as far as the claims to HP goes...i.e. CAI. I have a CAI and although it is noticeably louder, the perception of HP and torgue gain, is very minor. check out the "Engine/Performance and Maintenance Tech" portion of the forum to find more info about various things others have tried. you will posts about chips, headers, y-pipes, cat-backs, CAIs, and superchargers.

good luck and post some pics of your TT.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
URD Supercharger FTW.

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Congrats! Post up some pics.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Cold air Intake
Performance Hi-flow Air filter
JBA shorty headers
Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (not street legal)
Performance exhaust (TRD, JBA, Borla, magnaflow, etc...)
UNICHIP ECU piggyback module
Custom Tuned Unichip (my tuning made 15HP more than the stock unichip)
Supercharger (TRD and URD) - URD retains warranty too unless they prove the SC caused the problem.
Turbocharger (not a good idea for off road applications)

Engine Swap!

You can always go to a custom performance shop and see what they have to say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts